i wonder when ?

D.

i wonder when ?
hello ,
I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
huge piece of S__T !
saying that it " works fine for me " is really
not acceptable " ( L G ) .
one simply has to count the # of negative posts
to come to this conclusion .
D.

Dan H

Re: i wonder when ?
In all fairness the number of complaints on this NG compared to number of
downloads of IE 8 is very minute.
I'm not a blind MS follower, i believe in fair competition and what I like
best doesn't necessarily have to be stamped with a flying window. I use IE8
at work and it works ok for me. At home I prefer Firefox and that works for
me.
Point being although there may be some MVPs who are blind followers of
Microsoft (which, BTW, is just as bad as hating it just because its
Microsoft) there are many MVPs who have no problems admitting to the flaws
of IE8 or any other Windows software.

"D." <wdstk@sover.net> wrote in message
> hello ,
> I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
> in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
> huge piece of S__T !
> saying that it " works fine for me " is really
> not acceptable " ( L G ) .
> one simply has to count the # of negative posts
> to come to this conclusion .
> D.

Tom Willett

Re: i wonder when ?
By the same token, the replies of "it works for me" are ridiculous. The
people with problems don't care if it works for someone else. They're trying
to find out why it doesn't work for them.

"Dan H" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
: In all fairness the number of complaints on this NG compared to number of
: downloads of IE 8 is very minute.
: I'm not a blind MS follower, i believe in fair competition and what I like
: best doesn't necessarily have to be stamped with a flying window. I use
IE8
: at work and it works ok for me. At home I prefer Firefox and that works
for
: me.
: Point being although there may be some MVPs who are blind followers of
: Microsoft (which, BTW, is just as bad as hating it just because its
: Microsoft) there are many MVPs who have no problems admitting to the flaws
: of IE8 or any other Windows software.
:
:
: "D." <wdstk@sover.net> wrote in message
: news:%230mJUYlBKHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
: > hello ,
: > I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
: > in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
: > huge piece of S__T !
: > saying that it " works fine for me " is really
: > not acceptable " ( L G ) .
: > one simply has to count the # of negative posts
: > to come to this conclusion .
: > D.
: >
: >
: >
:
:

D.

Re: i wonder when ?
really , name them .
D.

"Dan H" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> In all fairness the number of complaints on this NG compared to number of
> downloads of IE 8 is very minute.
> I'm not a blind MS follower, i believe in fair competition and what I like
> best doesn't necessarily have to be stamped with a flying window. I use
> IE8 at work and it works ok for me. At home I prefer Firefox and that
> works for me.
> Point being although there may be some MVPs who are blind followers of
> Microsoft (which, BTW, is just as bad as hating it just because its
> Microsoft) there are many MVPs who have no problems admitting to the flaws
> of IE8 or any other Windows software.
>

> "D." <wdstk@sover.net> wrote in message
>> hello ,
>> I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
>> in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
>> huge piece of S__T !
>> saying that it " works fine for me " is really
>> not acceptable " ( L G ) .
>> one simply has to count the # of negative posts
>> to come to this conclusion .
>> D.

Gordon

Re: i wonder when ?

> hello ,
> I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
> in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
> huge piece of S__T !
> saying that it " works fine for me " is really
> not acceptable " ( L G ) .
> one simply has to count the # of negative posts
> to come to this conclusion .
> D.

Well I'm not an MVP and it is NOT a huge piece of s__t.
I'll give you an analogy. Do you construe that the whole human race is sick
because a small percentage go to the doctor? Do you assume that all cars are
broken because you see a very small number at the mechanics?
Of course you don't. use a bit of common sense instead of an illogical
stupid statement..

G. R. Woodring

Re: i wonder when ?
Your post doesn't describe any problem that _you_ are having. Do you even have
IE8 on your computer? If you have a problem, please post a useful description
and someone will probably offer a solution.

--
G. R. Woodring

Date: 7/16/2009 4:43 PM, Author: D. Wrote:
> hello ,
> I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
> in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
> huge piece of S__T !

Of course they will never say that! It's a completely false assertion. IE8 has
some flaws and there some changes to behavior that some users dislike. Firefox
2.0.0.22 is my default browser and Firefox 3.6alpha is my next favorite but IE8
is better than earlier versions and I have no problems using it for my company's
site that uses ActiveX for the online training software.

> saying that it " works fine for me " is really
> not acceptable " ( L G ) .

"Works for me" may seem pointless but it informs the poster that the problem
doesn't always occur and that there is a solution. It also puts the poster in
touch with someone whose differences in setup may, in fact, _be_ the solution.

> one simply has to count the # of negative posts
> to come to this conclusion .
> D.

It is silly to make a judgment based solely on the discussion occurring at the
"Complaint Department".

Leo

Re: i wonder when ?
The piece of S__T may be behind the keyboard.

--

LEO
The young wish to give their elders the full benefits of their inexperience.
"D." <wdstk@sover.net> wrote in message news:%230mJUYlBKHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
hello ,
I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
huge piece of S__T !
saying that it " works fine for me " is really
not acceptable " ( L G ) .
one simply has to count the # of negative posts
to come to this conclusion .
D.

D.

Re: i wonder when ?
you answered my question .
you are NOT an MVP but you ARE
a huge piece of S _ _ T !
D.
"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "D." <wdstk@sover.net> wrote in message
>> hello ,
>> I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
>> in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
>> huge piece of S__T !
>> saying that it " works fine for me " is really
>> not acceptable " ( L G ) .
>> one simply has to count the # of negative posts
>> to come to this conclusion .
>> D.

> Well I'm not an MVP and it is NOT a huge piece of s__t.
> I'll give you an analogy. Do you construe that the whole human race is
> sick because a small percentage go to the doctor? Do you assume that all
> cars are broken because you see a very small number at the mechanics?
> Of course you don't. use a bit of common sense instead of an illogical
> stupid statement..

VanguardLH

Re: i wonder when ?
D. wrote:

> hello ,
> I wonder WHEN at least some of the MVP's
> in this group , will ever admit that I.E. 8 is a
> huge piece of S__T !
> saying that it " works fine for me " is really
> not acceptable " ( L G ) .
> one simply has to count the # of negative posts
> to come to this conclusion .
> D.

Saying it doesn't work for you is really not acceptable, either.

Oh, and you expected there to be thousands of applause posts. Why do
you think users visit a newsgroup or forum? You really think they go
there when something is working. Well, based on your [lack of] logic,
and based on the numbers of users that have downloaded IE8, the
percentage of users reporting problems here is very tiny. Yeah, tis
handy to forget to include all the non-posts in your statistics when
they won't help with your argument.

Your rational is faulty. That's what happens when you wear blinders.