Internet Explorer does not launch

Colette

Internet Explorer does not launch
Hi all,
when I press on teh IE icon to launch the program, it does not open. It
opens in safe mode. from safe mode i also downloaded Mozilla/Firefox and it
runs in regular mode. can anyone give me some ideas/solutions as to how i
can get IE to run in normal mode?
--
Coquine

Re: Internet Explorer does not launch
Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.

Colette wrote:
> when I press on teh IE icon to launch the program, it does not open. It
> opens in safe mode. from safe mode i also downloaded Mozilla/Firefox and
> it
> runs in regular mode. can anyone give me some ideas/solutions as to how i
> can get IE to run in normal mode?

Colette

Re: Internet Explorer does not launch
it is Winfows XP professional version 5.1, Service Pack 3
--
Coquine

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Colette wrote:
> > when I press on teh IE icon to launch the program, it does not open. It
> > opens in safe mode. from safe mode i also downloaded Mozilla/Firefox and
> > it
> > runs in regular mode. can anyone give me some ideas/solutions as to how i
> > can get IE to run in normal mode?

Re: Internet Explorer does not launch
[One down, one to go...]

Colette wrote:
> it is Winfows XP professional version 5.1, Service Pack 3
>
>> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
>> Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Colette wrote:
>>> when I press on teh IE icon to launch the program, it does not open. It
>>> opens in safe mode. from safe mode i also downloaded Mozilla/Firefox and
>>> it
>>> runs in regular mode. can anyone give me some ideas/solutions as to how
>>> can get IE to run in normal mode?

G. R. Woodring

Re: Internet Explorer does not launch
When IE8 opens in safe mode it displays a page with the words: "Internet
Explorer is currently running without add-ons". Is this what you see?

If you see "Safe Mode" at each corner of the screen you are in _Windows_ safe mode.

Firefox's Safe Mode only affects Firefox and is not related in any way to either
IE "No Add-ons" or Windows Safe Mode.

The icon to launch IE in normal mode should be on the desktop, the Quicklaunch
bar or the [start] menu right under the user name. Possibly all of the above.
The icon for "No Add-ons" (safe mode) is under [start]>[All
Programs]>[Administrative tools], "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)".

--
G. R. Woodring