Re: Cant download

jakinpop90

Re: Cant download
Someone in another forum but apparently I was in the wrong one, and was sent
here.

I recently rung our local computer technician. He thought it was a hardware
problem and he suggested a full system recovery to out-of-the-box state. So i
did so and nothing has changed. Still have the problem. I had a recovery CD
to do this.

Automatic updates is enabled but cannot complete th updates due to this
problem.

Can you reach and use http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com?

Norton was installed on this computer but it expired and cannot download any
other form of anti-virus in its replacement. Norton also came pre-installed
on this laptop.

I have an Ee PC and a similiar thing is occuring. Could this be a problem
with my internet connection?

Re: Cant download
> Norton was installed on this computer but it expired and...

Backup your personal data, then do a format & clean install of Windows.
Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this!
(You did a Repair Install before.)

After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
the machine to the internet or a network and before using a USB key that
isn't brand-new or hasn't been freshly formatted:

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx

Also see:

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...e/prevent.mspx

Rogue Security Software - Microsoft Security:
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ses/rogue.mspx

jakinpop90 wrote:
> Someone in another forum but apparently I was in the wrong one, and was
> sent
> here.
>
> I recently rung our local computer technician. He thought it was a
> hardware
> problem and he suggested a full system recovery to out-of-the-box state.
> So
> i did so and nothing has changed. Still have the problem. I had a recovery
> CD to do this.
>
> Automatic updates is enabled but cannot complete th updates due to this
> problem.
>
> Can you reach and use http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com?
>
> Norton was installed on this computer but it expired and cannot download
> any
> other form of anti-virus in its replacement. Norton also came
> pre-installed
> on this laptop.
>
> I have an Ee PC and a similiar thing is occuring. Could this be a problem
> with my internet connection?

jakinpop90

Re: Cant download
Thank you. Will try tomorrow and will update as to whether it has solved my
problem