IE7 is blocking an active X control needed for MS update scan

Windmaker

IE7 is blocking an active X control needed for MS update scan
After I click on the "run" Active X control in the information bar and then
click the "run" button in the new window, I then get a message stating that
Internet Explorer is blocking the running of the Active X control which is
necessary for the Microsoft update scan. I am also getting a message saying
that the Active X control has been previously installed...(but IE is blocking
it's running)

It also is blocking when I attempt to email Microsoft Support on this
problem
--
It is an unending source of amazement to witness the extent to which people
can distort and/or deny reality in order to attempt satisfying their wants or
Don Varnau

Re: IE7 is blocking an active X control needed for MS update scan
Hi,
1. Try clearing the Temporary Internet Files.
2. Delete all cookies or find and delete any/all cookies from microsoft,
MSN, live, hotmail, passport.
3. Add *.microsoft.com to Trusted Sites. Internet Options> Security>
Trusted Sites> Uncheck "Require server verification" and enter the site as
*.microsoft.com
4. Is a third-party security program blocking ActiveX controls?

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Windmaker" <Windmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I click on the "run" Active X control in the information bar and

then
> click the "run" button in the new window, I then get a message stating

that
> Internet Explorer is blocking the running of the Active X control which is
> necessary for the Microsoft update scan. I am also getting a message

saying
> that the Active X control has been previously installed...(but IE is

blocking
> it's running)
>
> It also is blocking when I attempt to email Microsoft Support on this
> problem
> --
> It is an unending source of amazement to witness the extent to which

people
> can distort and/or deny reality in order to attempt satisfying their wants

or
> what they perceive to be their needs.

Re: IE7 is blocking an active X control needed for MS update scan
What Don said.

Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

@Don: cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ce1eca12a18fea

--