Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

In private browsing

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2009
crystyle
 

Posts: n/a
In private browsing
Is there a way to turn in private browsing off without others in house
turning it back on?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2009
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: In private browsing
Hi,
Which version of Windows (XP Home, XP Media Center, Vista Basic, Vista
Ultimate, etc)
Does each user have his/her own user account?
Are these accounts Standard Users- not Admin accounts?
Is your account the admin account?
If you go to Start> Run and type in GPEDIT.MSC does policy Editor open?
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"crystyle" <crystyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:96F0448B-2BFC-4966-B0C8-D5CB2C37E26F@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to turn in private browsing off without others in house
> turning it back on?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2009
crystyle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: In private browsing
Thank you Don. Here is the answers to your questions.
> Which version of Windows - Vista Basic
> Does each user have his/her own user account? No
> Are these accounts Standard Users- not Admin accounts? One Admin. It's mine.
> Is your account the admin account?
> If you go to Start> Run and type in GPEDIT.MSC does policy Editor open? No it doesn't.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2009
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: In private browsing
If everyone is using one user account, anyone will be able to change
settings. Since Group Policy Editor is not available in Vista Home Basic,
your options are really limited.

If you're trying to prevent other users (children?) from deleting history or
visiting undesirable sites, you should setup a user account for each user.
You can then use:
* Vista's Parental Controls... Internet Options> Content> Parental Controls.
* Windows Steady State
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/pro...eadystate.mspx
* Windows Live Family Safety
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/pro...ilysafety.mspx

Or other software. See recent reviews at
http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,2806,1639158,00.asp

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"crystyle" <crystyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F98A77FA-3C1A-46BB-8D26-D84330AFFE44@microsoft.com...
> Thank you Don. Here is the answers to your questions.
> > Which version of Windows - Vista Basic
> > Does each user have his/her own user account? No
> > Are these accounts Standard Users- not Admin accounts? One Admin. It's

mine.
> > Is your account the admin account?
> > If you go to Start> Run and type in GPEDIT.MSC does policy Editor open?

No it doesn't.

From: "Don Varnau"
> Hi,
> Which version of Windows (XP Home, XP Media Center, Vista Basic, Vista
> Ultimate, etc)
> Does each user have his/her own user account?
> Are these accounts Standard Users- not Admin accounts?
> Is your account the admin account?
> If you go to Start> Run and type in GPEDIT.MSC does policy Editor open?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]


> "crystyle" <crystyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:96F0448B-2BFC-4966-B0C8-D5CB2C37E26F@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way to turn in private browsing off without others in house
> > turning it back on?



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Private Browsing Paul Security News 0 07-01-2009 17:00
New Firefox 3.5 with private browsing and better privacy controls Steve Security News 0 06-30-2009 18:00
Disable Private Browsing IE8 nat microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 5 05-30-2009 03:41
Brief: Mozilla rolls out private browsing in beta Steve Security News 0 12-10-2008 22:50
Private browsing’s false sense of security Paul Security News 0 09-29-2008 15:10




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120