IE8 not working correctly with Dragon Naturally Speaking 10

Dragon Commands don't work in IE8

IE8 not working correctly with Dragon Naturally Speaking 10
The command "Go to Address Bar" for one, does not work using Dragon Naturally
Speaking version 10, it possibly would be so in earlier DNS versions.

Other Dragon commands do not work at all, or perform something unrelated to
the command.

I have removed IE8 from all of our computers at the Rehab home where I work.
Graham Wilmott

Re: IE8 not working correctly with Dragon Naturally Speaking 10
Did you install Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 Service Pack 1? It claims to
improve Internet Explorer compatibility.

There is also a support article
(http://knowledgebase.nuance.com/view...d7r4B=V06r40r6)
which might contain some useful information.

Dragon Commands don't work in IE8 wrote:
> The command "Go to Address Bar" for one, does not work using Dragon Naturally
> Speaking version 10, it possibly would be so in earlier DNS versions.
>
> Other Dragon commands do not work at all, or perform something unrelated to
> the command.
>
> I have removed IE8 from all of our computers at the Rehab home where I work.

Dragon Commands don''t work in IE8

Re: IE8 not working correctly with Dragon Naturally Speaking 10
Our computers with DNS version 10 have the updates applied. Becasue we train
a lot of our rehab clients in Dragon Naturally Speaking this is a very big
problem.

There were issues with older versions of IE as well but nothing this obvious.

"Graham Wilmott" wrote:

> Did you install Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 Service Pack 1? It claims to
> improve Internet Explorer compatibility.
>
> There is also a support article
> (http://knowledgebase.nuance.com/view...d7r4B=V06r40r6)
> which might contain some useful information.
>

> Dragon Commands don't work in IE8 wrote:
> > The command "Go to Address Bar" for one, does not work using Dragon Naturally
> > Speaking version 10, it possibly would be so in earlier DNS versions.
> >
> > Other Dragon commands do not work at all, or perform something unrelated to
> > the command.
> >
> > I have removed IE8 from all of our computers at the Rehab home where I work.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Dragon Commands don't work in IE8" <Dragon Commands don't work in IE8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The command "Go to Address Bar" for one, does not work using Dragon Naturally
> Speaking version 10, it possibly would be so in earlier DNS versions.
>
> Other Dragon commands do not work at all, or perform something unrelated to
> the command.
>

> I have removed IE8 from all of our computers at the Rehab home where I work.

I suspect finding out how the commands are implemented
would be a better solution. E.g. Go to Address bar could be
implemented in *all* (English) versions of IE by generating: Press Alt-d

---

Dragon Commands don''t work in IE8

Re: IE8 not working correctly with Dragon Naturally Speaking 10
I will check that on Firday, I work there part time. I am pretty sure that
the DNS has SP1 applied to them, but I will double check that also.

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

I gave up on Nuance after seeing that they want $10 per email for support.