HELP! IE7 & IE8 keep freezing on a particular site

malG

HELP! IE7 & IE8 keep freezing on a particular site
I'm trying to view: http://www.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX:.DJI (click
refresh once there)

Initially I was using Vista SP2 with IE7 but the above page kept freezing.

I ran Microsoft OneCare Safety Scanner and it didn't find any malware or
virus.

Then I upgraded to IE8 and it kept freezing. I tried Reset IE settings but
no effect.

Is it freezing for you or is it just me? Is there a workaround besides
Firefox
C A Upsdell

Re: HELP! IE7 & IE8 keep freezing on a particular site
malG wrote:
> I'm trying to view: http://www.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX:.DJI (click
> refresh once there)
>
> Initially I was using Vista SP2 with IE7 but the above page kept freezing.
>
> I ran Microsoft OneCare Safety Scanner and it didn't find any malware or
> virus.
>
> Then I upgraded to IE8 and it kept freezing. I tried Reset IE settings but
> no effect.
>
> Is it freezing for you or is it just me? Is there a workaround besides
> Firefox

Same here with IE7 on Windows XP SP3 with all latest updates: CPU usage
goes to 100%. Firefox is okay.
malG

Re: HELP! IE7 & IE8 keep freezing on a particular site
Have you got a clue why?

Thanks.

malG wrote:
>> Same here with IE7 on Windows XP SP3 with all latest updates: CPU usage
>> goes to 100%. Firefox is okay.

> Have you got a clue why?

No. I did see that the page has a pile of errors, but then a lot of
pages do without crashing. I also noticed that, after the page was
displayed, the page was waiting for something, and that the something
appeared to be different for FF and IE.

Best to complain to Google.

gmair

RE: HELP! IE7 & IE8 keep freezing on a particular site
I have the same problem but only for the last 2-3 days after i done windows
update.

I`m using windows xp home nd ie8

I hope there will be a fix for this annoying freezing up of IE screen.

Fingers crossed!!!!!!

gmair

"malG" wrote:

> I'm trying to view: http://www.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX:.DJI (click
> refresh once there)
>
> Initially I was using Vista SP2 with IE7 but the above page kept freezing.
>
> I ran Microsoft OneCare Safety Scanner and it didn't find any malware or
> virus.
>
> Then I upgraded to IE8 and it kept freezing. I tried Reset IE settings but
> no effect.
>
> Is it freezing for you or is it just me? Is there a workaround besides
> Firefox

G. R. Woodring

Re: HELP! IE7 & IE8 keep freezing on a particular site
The same problem on the same site? The cause for that was explained by C A
Upsdell less than an hour ago. If for a different site, give a URL so someone
can check it. If you submit the URL to http://validator.w3.org/ you will
probably find the site is poorly written.

HTML Validator result for http://www.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX:.DJI: 124
errors / 13 warnings

If a page tries to load something that isn't there, a freeze is likely.

--
G. R. Woodring

Date: 7/15/2009 3:17 PM, Author: gmair Wrote:
> I have the same problem but only for the last 2-3 days after i done windows
> update.
>
> I`m using windows xp home nd ie8
>
> I hope there will be a fix for this annoying freezing up of IE screen.
>
> Fingers crossed!!!!!!
>
> gmair
>
> "malG" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to view: http://www.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX:.DJI (click
>> refresh once there)
>>
>> Initially I was using Vista SP2 with IE7 but the above page kept freezing.
>>
>> I ran Microsoft OneCare Safety Scanner and it didn't find any malware or
>> virus.
>>
>> Then I upgraded to IE8 and it kept freezing. I tried Reset IE settings but
>> no effect.
>>
>> Is it freezing for you or is it just me? Is there a workaround besides
>> Firefox

Singapore Computer Service

Re: HELP! IE7 & IE8 keep freezing on a particular site
Hello,

Hangs IE7 and IE8 here at 100% CPU usage.

No crash in IE8 with no add-ons mode.

Disabled Flash Add-on and no problem. Problem seems to be with Flash content
at that page.

Then I tried again after some time and it works without any problem. So the
problem must be fixed

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service