Cannot print from https:// (secure) sites

Steven

Cannot print from https:// (secure) sites
I cannot print in IE8 from and sites that begin with https:// ...

I can print from any other websites, but no matter what method of printing I
try with https I get an error that freezes up IE8 and forces me to kill the
process using the task manager. This is on a business computer and our
suppliers secure site is what we need to use to print our invoices out, and
ever since upgrading to IE 8 we cannot print them. I am currently using
firefox to print our supplier invoices as it works fine, but our inventory
system only works with IE, so I would much rather only use one browser for
all applications. Please help.
Steven

RE: Cannot print from https:// (secure) sites
I have found the error within the event log that occurs. Not sure if this
helps but here it is:

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, time stamp
0x49b3ad2e, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 8.0.6001.18783, time stamp
0x4a05170b, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000c46f8, process id
0x72c, application start time 0x01ca057163cad910.

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-07-15T17:27:11.000Z

EventRecordID 2174

Channel Application

Computer parts-pc

Security

- EventData

iexplore.exe
8.0.6001.18702
49b3ad2e
mshtml.dll
8.0.6001.18783
4a05170b
c0000005
000c46f8
72c
01ca057163cad910

"Steven" wrote:

> I cannot print in IE8 from and sites that begin with https:// ...
>
> I can print from any other websites, but no matter what method of printing I
> try with https I get an error that freezes up IE8 and forces me to kill the
> process using the task manager. This is on a business computer and our
> suppliers secure site is what we need to use to print our invoices out, and
> ever since upgrading to IE 8 we cannot print them. I am currently using
> firefox to print our supplier invoices as it works fine, but our inventory
> system only works with IE, so I would much rather only use one browser for
> all applications. Please help.

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Cannot print from https:// (secure) sites
Hello,

Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
the same problem arises.

If the problem does not occur again, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the
menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons.
Disable all the add-ons under 'Toolbars and Extensions'. Enable each add-on
one at each time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again
after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

If no go. see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service