Re: IE8 Printing Script Error

G&A Dave

Re: IE8 Printing Script Error
We're able to save the page, then print from that saved HTML file, but that
doesn't help much with the time problems.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> She could try saving the page (IE File | Save as) and then printing it.
>
> G&A Dave wrote:
> > Sorry about that, here's some extra info:
> >
> > Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
> > Windows XP SP3 32-bit
> >
> > Unfortunately, registering ole32.dll did not do the trick.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Please state the full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) of
> >> the machine in question when posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> Try...
> >>
> >> Start | Run | (type or copy/paste) regsvr32 ole32.dll | [OK]
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: IE8 Printing Script Error

And if she does not navigate away from the page, does the behavior persist?

How large of a page is involved here and where are these pages located
(e.g., online vs. local/intranet page)?

May we assume this behavior was not seen in IE7 or IE6?

More general troublshooting ideas & questions:

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

G&A Dave wrote:
> We're able to save the page, then print from that saved HTML file, but
> that
> doesn't help much with the time problems.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> She could try saving the page (IE File | Save as) and then printing it.
>>
>> G&A Dave wrote:
>>> Sorry about that, here's some extra info:
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
>>> Windows XP SP3 32-bit
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, registering ole32.dll did not do the trick.

pcgal03

Re: IE8 Printing Script Error
We have tried all the fixes and still nothing helps. Is there a fix for this
yet?