Re: Security loop hole in IE8?

PaulB

Re: Security loop hole in IE8?
Thanks PA Bear.

You have got to love Microsoft ... you download and install the patch ...
then they ask you to tell them what you think of the Patch!!

Being somewhat too hasty to exit the window before I realized what I had
just read I wish I had seen that earlier as I would have loved to have said
"The patch shouldnt have been necessary in the first place if the software
had been adequately compiled before the encoder rushed onto their next thing
(or latte). Before Microsoft worry about bringing out the next generation of
buggy software that they will spend the next 7 years patching why dont they
concentrate on getting XP (which I have to admit is the best since Windows
3.11) and especially Vista (which is junk) working properly?"

However, hindsight and being smart after the event isnt much good ... so I
thought I'd post my thoughts here to get them off my chest!

Thanks again PA.

PaulB

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> The vulnerability is in Windows, actually: See
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972890
>
> And while you're at it, also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973472
>

> PaulB wrote:
> > I saw something in our local paper that there had been a loop hole
> > discovered recently in IE8 that Microsoft were actually warning people
> > about.
> >
> > Is this true and if so, has the mole been patched yet? And if so, how can
> > get the patch?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Paul

Re: Security loop hole in IE8?
The vulnerability (and several others) were addressed by the critical
security updates released on 14 Jul-09.