I am annoyed by IE underlinings

Dan

I am annoyed by IE underlinings
Whenever I write a document to either post to my blog or to submit to a forum
IE automatically underlines key words that can be searched by pointing your
cursor. I want this to stop. These key word searches are unrelated to the
material I am presenting. How do I stop it>
--
Dan From San Jose
Alan Edwards

Re: I am annoyed by IE underlinings
Are you talking about Accelerators in IE8?
If so, turn them off in Tools-Internet Options-Advanced
Display Acceslerator button on selection is in the Browsing section.

If you are talking about something else, please supply more detail,
including your IE version and Operating System.

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:36:01 -0700, in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Whenever I write a document to either post to my blog or to submit to a forum
>IE automatically underlines key words that can be searched by pointing your
>cursor. I want this to stop. These key word searches are unrelated to the
>material I am presenting. How do I stop it>

Dan

Re: I am annoyed by IE underlinings
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium with IE 7. This is from my blog

....into circulation by lending it to either you or your.... .

But the problem does not copy and paste. In the blog the word lending
appears in blue and is double underlined. This happens automatically and I
want to turn it off. What do I have to do.
--
Dan From San Jose

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Are you talking about Accelerators in IE8?
> If so, turn them off in Tools-Internet Options-Advanced
> Display Acceslerator button on selection is in the Browsing section.
>
> If you are talking about something else, please supply more detail,
> including your IE version and Operating System.
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:36:01 -0700, in
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Whenever I write a document to either post to my blog or to submit to a forum
> >IE automatically underlines key words that can be searched by pointing your
> >cursor. I want this to stop. These key word searches are unrelated to the
> >material I am presenting. How do I stop it>

VanguardLH

Dan wrote:

> I am using Windows Vista Home Premium with IE 7. This is from my blog
>
> ....into circulation by lending it to either you or your.... .
>
> But the problem does not copy and paste. In the blog the word lending
> appears in blue and is double underlined. This happens automatically and I
> want to turn it off. What do I have to do.

That is not an issue with IE (or any web browser that supports
Javascript). It is an issue with whomever you chose to save your blog.
They are using Intellitxt via Javascript to underline keywords in any
pages at their site to generate revenue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellitext

You could disable Javascript in your web browser but you lose a lot of
nice features are more user-friendly web sites. You could use
ad-blockers to get rid of the pests, or upstream URL filtering (via
add-on, security software, or filtering at the DNS server, like at
OpenDNS). Or you could move your blog elsewhere that doesn't stick this
intellitext crap into your web pages.
Singapore Computer Service

Re: I am annoyed by IE underlinings
Hello,

Does this happen only on one site or many sites? Do you have URLs so that we
can check for you?

If it happens on many sites, perform a malware scan by using the following
programs
(free)
http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> Whenever I write a document to either post to my blog or to submit to a
> forum
> IE automatically underlines key words that can be searched by pointing
> your
> cursor. I want this to stop. These key word searches are unrelated to the
> material I am presenting. How do I stop it>
> --
> Dan From San Jose

VanguardLH

Singapore Computer Service wrote:

> Hello,
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/

Be leery of advice from a SPAMMER who has a different agenda than the
pretense of giving help. This one does knows how to put his spam in a
signature but refuses to do so because some newsreaders strip off the
signature. He wants to ensure you see his spam.

Wow im really getting annoyed... azdiaz microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 03-07-2009 05:33
IM ANNOYED Lady Paolt microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 4 10-18-2008 22:07
Annoyed James 2nd Introduce Yourself 1 02-23-2008 14:39
annoyed with msn Paul Rimmo microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 12-03-2007 23:44
Cannot install, getting very annoyed! =?Utf-8?B?TWFmZg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 9 04-01-2007 15:40