Re: Toolbar Email on IE8

Don Varnau

Re: Toolbar Email on IE8
Files and Settings Transfer would be overkill for this job.

First, as Ron noted, make sure you check "Leave a copy of messages on
server" if you want messages to be available to accounts on both computers.
You will have to delete messages from the server eventually- the inbox will
fill up.

I would place the computers side by side, open Outlook Express> Tools>
Accounts> Mail, and setup new accounts using settings from the other
computer which already has the accounts setup.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do in this case:
"> want to put her one email account (Comcast) on my computer in my email
folder"

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Don and Ron for your responses! Both computers have XP -- mine is
> the Home edition and my wife's laptop is the Professional edition. Just

> be sure we are all on "the same page," I want to keep all four of my email
> accounts on my computer and also put them on my wife laptop. In addition,

> want to put her one email account (Comcast) on my computer in my email

folder
> under "Favorites." Now, can I do this under the suggestions you posed in

your
> replies?
>
> Thanks again for your help and advice.
>
> Scotirish 7/14/09 9:25 a.m. EST

> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
> > If you are not leaving a copy of messages on the server on your

computer,
> > the settings on the laptop will be the same. This means that the first
> > computer to check for mail will download the mail and it will not be
> > available for the other computer.
> > On both computers, Tools, Accounts, Properties, Advanced, check Leave a

copy
> > on the server. On one computer, check Delete after XX days.
> > - -
> > Ron Sommer

> > "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > If the laptop is also running XP, I would use the Files and Settings
> > > Transfer Wizard. Find that at Programs> Accessories> System Tools.
> > >
> > > If the laptop is running Vista, Windows Easy Transfer will do the job
> > > (same
> > > location in Programs.)
> > >
> > > There's important information regarding Windows Mail (Vista) at
> > > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx
> > > -
> > > Don
> > > [MS MVP- IE]

> > > "Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Windows
> > > XP.

computer
> > > also

if

icon)

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...rnet-explorer/

message
> > > takes me to

> > > had with
> > > "Favorites"

tool

great.

Scotirish

Re: Toolbar Email on IE8
Hi Don.

Let me see if I can clear this up. My wife has one email account (Comcast)
on her laptop. I want to also put it on my computer in my email folder in
Favorites so we can check her email on my computer. Conversely, I have four
email accounts (GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo and Comcast/Outlook Express) and I
want to also put them on her laptop in an email folder under Favorites on her
computer so we can check my emails on her machine if we wish. Thus, we can
check all our emails regardless of which computer we are using at the time.

Hope this helps explain it better. And did you see an earlier new message
(7/14) with you as subject re web pages out of sync?

Regards,
Scotirish 7/15/09 11:50 a.m. EST

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Files and Settings Transfer would be overkill for this job.
>
> First, as Ron noted, make sure you check "Leave a copy of messages on
> server" if you want messages to be available to accounts on both computers.
> You will have to delete messages from the server eventually- the inbox will
> fill up.
>
> I would place the computers side by side, open Outlook Express> Tools>
> Accounts> Mail, and setup new accounts using settings from the other
> computer which already has the accounts setup.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you want to do in this case:
> "> want to put her one email account (Comcast) on my computer in my email
> folder"
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Don and Ron for your responses! Both computers have XP -- mine is
> > the Home edition and my wife's laptop is the Professional edition. Just

> > be sure we are all on "the same page," I want to keep all four of my email
> > accounts on my computer and also put them on my wife laptop. In addition,

> > want to put her one email account (Comcast) on my computer in my email

> folder
> > under "Favorites." Now, can I do this under the suggestions you posed in

> your
> > replies?
> >
> > Thanks again for your help and advice.
> >
> > Scotirish 7/14/09 9:25 a.m. EST

> > "Ron Sommer" wrote:
> >
> > > If you are not leaving a copy of messages on the server on your

> computer,
> > > the settings on the laptop will be the same. This means that the first
> > > computer to check for mail will download the mail and it will not be
> > > available for the other computer.
> > > On both computers, Tools, Accounts, Properties, Advanced, check Leave a

> copy
> > > on the server. On one computer, check Delete after XX days.
> > > - -
> > > Ron Sommer

> > > "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message

> Windows

> computer

> if

> icon)

> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...rnet-explorer/

> message

> tool

> great.

Ron Sommer

Re: Toolbar Email on IE8
I am not clear if you and/or your wife have Web based email accounts or if
you are accessing them in Outlook Express.
If in Outlook Express, are the accounts pop, imap, or http?
To add your wife to Outlook Express, create a new Identity and setup the
account.
--
Ron Sommer