Re: Black menu and favorites bar

Bernhard Fischer

Re: Black menu and favorites bar
Singapore Computer Service schrieb:

> from
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bfe63aa06c04db

Thanks for the procedure. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem on
my pc but your link to the discussion shows me that I'm not alone with
that problem.

Regards,
Bernhard

PaulB

Re: Black menu and favorites bar
Hi Bernard

I have this problem on two PCs here too - so you are NOT alone. It seems to
happen to me after I have had IE8 open and closed a few times. A reboot
clears it ... but then why do you have to reboot at all, or degrade your
options?? Microsoft should make this thing WORK!

Have you lodged a Help Desk request? I know they want to charge $59 ... if
they solve it, but I dont think this is something that is PERSONAL to you or
I. It is almost like the (bad) old days of MS DOS 4 and 5 when TSRs
(Terminate Stay Resident) bits of program plugged up RAM.

Good luck and feel free to quote my entry to Microsoft. I have found when
they know it is NOT you or your PC they WILL waive the $59 fee (very gracious
of them I am sure!!).

Paul

"Bernhard Fischer" wrote:

> Singapore Computer Service schrieb:
>
> > from
> > http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bfe63aa06c04db

> Thanks for the procedure. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem on
> my pc but your link to the discussion shows me that I'm not alone with
> that problem.
>
> Regards,
> Bernhard

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Black menu and favorites bar
Hello,

Free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under 'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.

end quote

If you find the solution, post back so that it can help others who have the
same problem.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service

"PaulB" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Bernard
>
> I have this problem on two PCs here too - so you are NOT alone. It seems
> happen to me after I have had IE8 open and closed a few times. A reboot
> clears it ... but then why do you have to reboot at all, or degrade your
> options?? Microsoft should make this thing WORK!
>
> Have you lodged a Help Desk request? I know they want to charge $59 ...
> if
> they solve it, but I dont think this is something that is PERSONAL to you
> or
> I. It is almost like the (bad) old days of MS DOS 4 and 5 when TSRs
> (Terminate Stay Resident) bits of program plugged up RAM.
>
> Good luck and feel free to quote my entry to Microsoft. I have found when
> they know it is NOT you or your PC they WILL waive the $59 fee (very
> gracious
> of them I am sure!!).
>
> Paul
>
> "Bernhard Fischer" wrote:
>
>> Singapore Computer Service schrieb:
>>
>> > from
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bfe63aa06c04db

>> Thanks for the procedure. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem on
>> my pc but your link to the discussion shows me that I'm not alone with
>> that problem.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bernhard

desper@duck

Re: Black menu and favorites bar
This problem is not that new and not confined to IE8. I did a clean install
from XP SP2 mirror files provided with the machine in May 2007. I ran into a
problem with OFFICE 2003 help files displaying wrong color. The problem
seemed to be hyperlinks in help diplaying as very light green on white. At
first sight it looks like a blank screen. I tried adjusting explorer color
settings but it did not seem to shift the problem and just made things worse.
I had the BLACK tool bars in IE8 on 11th July. I cleared it by removing IE8
and revert to IE7. Windows then tried to sneak IE8 back on through automatic
update. IE7 worked OK and the update to IE* was OK on 11 July. THIS MORNING
(15 July) THE BLACK BARS ARE BACK but OFFICE colors appeared to be OK. I am
now back on IE7 and have dug out my copy of IE6 just oin case. I have heard
rumours of a virus that buggers up color settings but I can't find the
Norton/Symantec chat site.
Full system virus scan with NIS 2009 is not finding anything except the
usual tracking cookies.
We need Microsoft to accept that there is a problem and then come up with an
answer before all their business customers start getting pissed off.

"Singapore Computer Service" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under 'for consumers')
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx
>
> quote:
> Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
> set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
> include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
> network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
> systems.
>
> end quote
>
> If you find the solution, post back so that it can help others who have the
> same problem.
>
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
>
> "PaulB" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Bernard
> >
> > I have this problem on two PCs here too - so you are NOT alone. It seems
> > happen to me after I have had IE8 open and closed a few times. A reboot
> > clears it ... but then why do you have to reboot at all, or degrade your
> > options?? Microsoft should make this thing WORK!
> >
> > Have you lodged a Help Desk request? I know they want to charge $59 ...
> > if
> > they solve it, but I dont think this is something that is PERSONAL to you
> > or
> > I. It is almost like the (bad) old days of MS DOS 4 and 5 when TSRs
> > (Terminate Stay Resident) bits of program plugged up RAM.
> >
> > Good luck and feel free to quote my entry to Microsoft. I have found when
> > they know it is NOT you or your PC they WILL waive the $59 fee (very
> > gracious
> > of them I am sure!!).
> >
> > Paul

> >> Thanks for the procedure. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem on
> >> my pc but your link to the discussion shows me that I'm not alone with
> >> that problem.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Bernhard

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Black menu and favorites bar
Hello,

Does disabling the ATI Hotkey Poller Service fixe this problem?
See:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2e36f1207330b4