Problems downloading Flash Player with IE7

~*Laughingstar 2009*~

Problems downloading Flash Player with IE7
I think I posted this in wrong MSNG - Windows NG . . . sorry.

Once again, I cannot download Adobe Flash Player with my IE7. I followed
Adobe's instructions (which MS led me to) by checking the "Prompt" alerts
for Active X (which drives me nuts), but nothing changed. I've
downloaded it, and uninstalled it 4 times, w/o success. (It was removed in
Add/Remove programs in error.

Someone said to clean my Registry but I don't usually touch that! If I
should, let me know how, with what, etc. please.

And/or is there another Flash Player we can use besides a "Big Adobe"
program?

thank you, again

--
Carol
806/832-5683

“I don’t know, Doc, a man can ‘spring forward’ and ‘fall back’ just so many
times.”
by Robert Mankoff

Donald Anadell

Re: Problems downloading Flash Player with IE7

"~*Laughingstar 2009*~" <tiredofthis@nospam.att.com> wrote in message
>I think I posted this in wrong MSNG - Windows NG . . . sorry.
>
> Once again, I cannot download Adobe Flash Player with my IE7. I followed
> Adobe's instructions (which MS led me to) by checking the "Prompt" alerts
> for Active X (which drives me nuts), but nothing changed. I've
> downloaded it, and uninstalled it 4 times, w/o success. (It was removed in
> Add/Remove programs in error.

Possible Solution 1:

Manual Uninstall||Reinstall of Flash Player

Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

Now disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.
Now run the Uninstaller file from the Desktop to completely remove the Flash
Player from your System.
Now run the Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest version
of the Flash Player.

Test the results, if no joy move on to possible Solution 2.

Possible Solution 2:

Registry Permission problems

It's possible that you have a Registry Permissions problem that is
preventing the Flash Player from installing properly. Follow the directions
at the following Adobe site for resetting your Registry Permissions:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=1

After completing steps 1 thru 8 for fixing your registry permissions, the go
back to and follow the steps in Solution 1.

Test your results, if no joy the move to possible Solution 3.

Possible Solution 3:

Adobe offers free email support(via a Web Case) for Flash Player
installation problems, you might turn there next:

1. Go to the Adobe Support Portal:
http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal/

2. When you get to the Support Portal page, click on the Button that says:
"Create an Account"

3. Once you've created an account with Adobe and you're logged in to that
Account, at the bottom of the page use the selector to select:
"Installation Help"

4. In the 'Choose product' category put a tick in the radial next to:
"Additional products"

5. From the selection menu select:
"Adobe Flash Player"

6. Now click the button that says "Continue"

You will taken to a page entitled:
"Create a support case"

7. Here you can type your support request and send it to Adobe

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Someone said to clean my Registry but I don't usually touch that! If I
> should, let me know how, with what, etc. please.
>
> And/or is there another Flash Player we can use besides a "Big Adobe"
> program?
>
> thank you, again
>

> --
> Carol
> 806/832-5683
> Texas
>
> “I don’t know, Doc, a man can ‘spring forward’ and ‘fall back’ just so
> many times.”
> by Robert Mankoff

Don Varnau

Re: Problems downloading Flash Player with IE7
Hi,
It sounds like you can download Flash Player, but it won't install?

Download and run the appropriate uninstaller from
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157

Then try to download/install Flash Player again. At the download prompt for
Flash Player, choose Run not Save.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"~*Laughingstar 2009*~" <tiredofthis@nospam.att.com> wrote in message
> I think I posted this in wrong MSNG - Windows NG . . . sorry.
>
> Once again, I cannot download Adobe Flash Player with my IE7. I followed
> Adobe's instructions (which MS led me to) by checking the "Prompt" alerts
> for Active X (which drives me nuts), but nothing changed. I've
> downloaded it, and uninstalled it 4 times, w/o success. (It was removed in
> Add/Remove programs in error.
>
> Someone said to clean my Registry but I don't usually touch that! If I
> should, let me know how, with what, etc. please.
>
> And/or is there another Flash Player we can use besides a "Big Adobe"
> program?
>
> thank you, again
>
> -
> Carol
> 806/832-5683
> Texas

~*Laughingstar 2009*~

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "~*Laughingstar 2009*~" <tiredofthis@nospam.att.com> wrote in message
>>I think I posted this in wrong MSNG - Windows NG . . . sorry.
>>
>> Once again, I cannot download Adobe Flash Player with my IE7. I followed
>> Adobe's instructions (which MS led me to) by checking the "Prompt" alerts
>> for Active X (which drives me nuts), but nothing changed. I've
>> downloaded it, and uninstalled it 4 times, w/o success. (It was removed
>> in
>> Add/Remove programs in error.

> Possible Solution 1:
>
> Manual Uninstall||Reinstall of Flash Player
>
> Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop
>
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

did it

> Now disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
> Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.
> Now run the Uninstaller file from the Desktop to completely remove the
> Flash
> Player from your System.

Did it.

I think only Avira runs all the time, so suspended it.

> Now run the Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest
> version
> of the Flash Player.
>
> Test the results, if no joy move on to possible Solution 2.

JOY! Just saw a Bill Moyers' PBS show that I missed - but thanked you on the
other NG (Windows) sorry, got you mixed up with someone else.

THANK YOU, merci, gratias, danka, et al . . . Very much. I've blocked and
copied all of this just in case . . . don't ever want db after me again.

> Possible Solution 2:
>
> Registry Permission problems
>
> It's possible that you have a Registry Permissions problem that is
> preventing the Flash Player from installing properly. Follow the
> directions
> at the following Adobe site for resetting your Registry Permissions:
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=1

Page isn't there anymore

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "~*Laughingstar 2009*~" <tiredofthis@nospam.att.com> wrote in message
>>>I think I posted this in wrong MSNG - Windows NG . . . sorry.
>>>
>>> Once again, I cannot download Adobe Flash Player with my IE7. I followed
>>> Adobe's instructions (which MS led me to) by checking the "Prompt"
>>> alerts for Active X (which drives me nuts), but nothing changed. I've
>>> downloaded it, and uninstalled it 4 times, w/o success. (It was removed
>>> in
>>> Add/Remove programs in error.

>> Possible Solution 1:
>>
>> Manual Uninstall||Reinstall of Flash Player
>>
>> Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop
>>
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>>

> did it
>
>> Now disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
>> Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.
>> Now run the Uninstaller file from the Desktop to completely remove the
>> Flash
>> Player from your System.

> Did it.
>
> I think only Avira runs all the time, so suspended it.
>
>> Now run the Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest
>> version
>> of the Flash Player.
>>
>> Test the results, if no joy move on to possible Solution 2.
>>

> JOY! Just saw a Bill Moyers' PBS show that I missed - but thanked you on
> the other NG (Windows) sorry, got you mixed up with someone else.
>
> THANK YOU, merci, gratias, danka, et al . . . Very much. I've blocked and
> copied all of this just in case . . . don't ever want db after me again.

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback.

Sorry about the broken link in my prior post, here's a better one:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

Good luck,

Donald Anadell