Recent Pages drop down not working IE8

Waldy

Recent Pages drop down not working IE8
Hi there,
I've just installed IE8 via Windows Update on Vista Home Basic
SP1 and the Recent Pages button is not working. I've tried running the
browser with Add-Ons disabled but that makes no difference. Some pages stop
you from going back a page via the back button, so you need the list to be
able to navigate to the desired page.

Don Varnau

Re: Recent Pages drop down not working IE8
Hi,
Are you asking about the down arrows associated with the Back and Forward
buttons, or the Yyped URLs drop-down (down arrow) at the right end of the
Address Bar?

If the latter (Address Bar) go to Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete>
Settings to make sure that AutoComplete for the Address Bar is turned on.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Waldy" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> I've just installed IE8 via Windows Update on Vista Home

Basic
> SP1 and the Recent Pages button is not working. I've tried running the
> browser with Add-Ons disabled but that makes no difference. Some pages

stop
> you from going back a page via the back button, so you need the list to be
> able to navigate to the desired page.

Re: Recent Pages drop down not working IE8
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

1. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?

2. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

3a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

3b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

4. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

> Hi,
> Are you asking about the down arrows associated with the Back and Forward
> buttons, or the Yyped URLs drop-down (down arrow) at the right end of the
> Address Bar?

Yes, I'm talking about the down arrow next to the back and forward buttons.

Waldy

Re: Recent Pages drop down not working IE8
It's working now, although I'm not sure if it was the settings reset or
enabling Windows Search service that fixed it.

Re: Recent Pages drop down not working IE8
YW & thanks for your feedback.

Waldy wrote:
> It's working now, although I'm not sure if it was the settings reset or
> enabling Windows Search service that fixed it.

<paste>