IE7 Opens In Shrunken Window

PT

IE7 Opens In Shrunken Window
Today I was demonstrating the WinXP Home Accessibility Magnifier
feature to a friend – I don’t use it and never have.

After finishing, I note that each time I start up IE7, it opens up in
a window which is full screen width, but about one inch in height.

In the past, when faced with a small opening IE or other program
display, I've manually dragged it to full size, then Shift Clicked the
X box in the URH corner to close IE7. Reopening it then restores
normal size.

But now that technique doesn’t work.

FWIW the problem is limited to IE7. Excel, Word, etc.. open normally.

Please advise.
Singapore Computer Service

Re: IE7 Opens In Shrunken Window
Hello,

Have you tried maximizing the window and closing it normally? Over here,
there is no need to press Shift and the X button. IE7 remembers the last
window size it uses and opens again with the same size.

If the problem persists, try running IE7 without any add-ons.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
Internet Explorer 7 (No Add-ons) to start without any add-ons. Try using the
browser and see if the same problem arises.

If the problem does not occur again, start IE7 normally, go to Tools >
Manage Add-ons and disable all the add-ons. Enable each add-on one at each
time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again after
enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

(if the menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard)

__
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv NTSC PAL