Script Error

neil154

Script Error
I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when using
IE7).

If I open an email in Outlook 2007 and go to print I get a error message:
Internet Explorer Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line 253
Char 1
Error unspecified error
code 0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the email.

I would appreciate your help.
Bruce Hagen

Re: Script Error
"neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when using
> IE7).
>
> If I open an email in Outlook 2007 and go to print I get a error message:
> Internet Explorer Script Error
> An error has occurred in the script on this page
> Line 253
> Char 1
> Error unspecified error
> code 0
>
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>
> It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the email.
>
> I would appreciate your help.

Just a WAG.

Your print margins may be set too small.

In IE: File | Page Setup. (Default setting is 0.75 all around).
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

neil154

Re: Script Error
Thanks for the suggestion but that is not the problem, all of my margins are
set to 0.75. Also, I get the error on almost all emails but there are a few
that I can print without getting any error. I can not figure out any reason
why some will print out. Even a simple email with no url links and text only
can give me the problem.

Would like more suggestions, thanks

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when using
> > IE7).
> >
> > If I open an email in Outlook 2007 and go to print I get a error message:
> > Internet Explorer Script Error
> > An error has occurred in the script on this page
> > Line 253
> > Char 1
> > Error unspecified error
> > code 0
> >
> > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> >
> > It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the email.
> >
> > I would appreciate your help.

> Just a WAG.
>
> Your print margins may be set too small.
>
> In IE: File | Page Setup. (Default setting is 0.75 all around).
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA

Re: Script Error
Start | Run | (type or copy/paste) REGSVR32 OLE32.DLL | [OK]

neil154 wrote:
> I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when using
> IE7).
>
> If I open an email in Outlook 2007 and go to print I get a error message:
> Internet Explorer Script Error
> An error has occurred in the script on this page
> Line 253
> Char 1
> Error unspecified error
> code 0
>
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>
> It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the email.
>
> I would appreciate your help.

Bruce Hagen

Re: Script Error
Try this:

Go to Start | Run and type, (or copy/paste):

regsvr32 ole32.dll

Press Enter.

If that's not it, we will both need a suggestion from someone else. An
Outlook newsgroup may be of better assistance too.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

> Thanks for the suggestion but that is not the problem, all of my margins
> are
> set to 0.75. Also, I get the error on almost all emails but there are a
> few
> that I can print without getting any error. I can not figure out any
> reason
> why some will print out. Even a simple email with no url links and text
> only
> can give me the problem.
>
> Would like more suggestions, thanks
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when
>> >using
>> > IE7).
>> >
>> > If I open an email in Outlook 2007 and go to print I get a error
>> > message:
>> > Internet Explorer Script Error
>> > An error has occurred in the script on this page
>> > Line 253
>> > Char 1
>> > Error unspecified error
>> > code 0
>> >
>> > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>> >
>> > It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the
>> > email.
>> >
>> > I would appreciate your help.

>> Just a WAG.
>>
>> Your print margins may be set too small.
>>
>> In IE: File | Page Setup. (Default setting is 0.75 all around).
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA

neil154

Re: Script Error
Thanks this time you hit it exactly. BTW, do you have any idea what caused
the problem and why did registering the dll fix it? Also, I previously
posted this issue on an Outlook board but got no response, so thank a lot.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> Go to Start | Run and type, (or copy/paste):
>
> regsvr32 ole32.dll
>
> Press Enter.
>
> If that's not it, we will both need a suggestion from someone else. An
> Outlook newsgroup may be of better assistance too.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the suggestion but that is not the problem, all of my margins
> > are
> > set to 0.75. Also, I get the error on almost all emails but there are a
> > few
> > that I can print without getting any error. I can not figure out any
> > reason
> > why some will print out. Even a simple email with no url links and text
> > only
> > can give me the problem.
> >
> > Would like more suggestions, thanks
> >
> > "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
> >
> >> "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Just a WAG.
> >>
> >> Your print margins may be set too small.
> >>
> >> In IE: File | Page Setup. (Default setting is 0.75 all around).
> >> --
> >>
> >> Bruce Hagen
> >> MS-MVP [Mail]
> >> Imperial Beach, CA

Bruce Hagen

Re: Script Error
You're welcome. I can't give you the techy reason, 'cause I'm not that
techy, but this print issue has been a problem with Outlook Express
regardless of the IE version. Apparently Outlook as well, (which I know zero
about).
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

> Thanks this time you hit it exactly. BTW, do you have any idea what
> caused
> the problem and why did registering the dll fix it? Also, I previously
> posted this issue on an Outlook board but got no response, so thank a lot.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Try this:
>>
>> Go to Start | Run and type, (or copy/paste):
>>
>> regsvr32 ole32.dll
>>
>> Press Enter.
>>
>> If that's not it, we will both need a suggestion from someone else. An
>> Outlook newsgroup may be of better assistance too.
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the suggestion but that is not the problem, all of my
>> > margins
>> > are
>> > set to 0.75. Also, I get the error on almost all emails but there are
>> > few
>> > that I can print without getting any error. I can not figure out any
>> > reason
>> > why some will print out. Even a simple email with no url links and
>> > text
>> > only
>> > can give me the problem.
>> >
>> > Would like more suggestions, thanks

Re: Script Error
>>> I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8 (I also had problem when
>>> using IE7).

The same problem or other problems?

> ...do you have any idea what caused the problem

in the background when you installed IE8 and/or IE7?