pre-installed IE8

33boston

pre-installed IE8
Hi- I was hoping that someone can help with a question I can't seem to find
an answer to.

We have clients who recently purchased new Vista workstations that come with
a pre-installed version of IE8.

Due to compatibilty issues we need these clients to use IE7. Everything I've
read has to do with an upgrade to IE 8 so when you uninstall it will revert
back to the previous version but what will happen in this case when there is
not neccessarliy a previous version?

Thanks in advance!
Leonard Grey

Re: pre-installed IE8
If IE 8 is pre-installed, it can't be removed. Perhaps try Compatibility
View. Or perhaps IE 8 will work just fine...just change the user agent
string so your applications will 'think' it's something else.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

33boston wrote:
> Hi- I was hoping that someone can help with a question I can't seem to find
> an answer to.
>
> We have clients who recently purchased new Vista workstations that come with
> a pre-installed version of IE8.
>
> Due to compatibilty issues we need these clients to use IE7. Everything I've
> read has to do with an upgrade to IE 8 so when you uninstall it will revert
> back to the previous version but what will happen in this case when there is
> not neccessarliy a previous version?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Re: pre-installed IE8
How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Uninstalling IE8 in Vista will automatically restore the computer to IE7.

33boston wrote:
> Hi- I was hoping that someone can help with a question I can't seem to
> find
> an answer to.
>
> We have clients who recently purchased new Vista workstations that come
> with
> a pre-installed version of IE8.
>
> Due to compatibilty issues we need these clients to use IE7. Everything
> I've
> read has to do with an upgrade to IE 8 so when you uninstall it will
> revert
> back to the previous version but what will happen in this case when there
> is
> not neccessarliy a previous version?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Leonard Grey