user home pages

JackOfAllTech

user home pages
I hate to post to multiple groups but the internetexplorer.security
group doesn't appear to generate much traffic and a prompt answer
might be hard to come by on my inquiry. So...

At several locations I am responsible for we have multiple users
sharing the computers on site. What I would like to do is set the home
page for the users, with the manager of that location having a
different one than everyone else. I know I can set all users to have a
particular home page through group policies but that's not what I
need. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: user home pages
Traffic, schmaffick! You waited all of two (2) hours before reposting your
question in IE General, and yet you still haven't revealed what Windows
versions and IE versions you're dealing with so don't expect many timely
replies here either.

We're all volunteers here, Jack, and have lives outside of these newsgroups.
Good luck to you.
--
~PA Bear w/crosspost back to IE Security newsgroup

On Jul 9, 5:11*pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Traffic, schmaffick! *You waited all of two (2) hours before reposting your
> question in IE General, and yet you still haven't revealed what Windows
> versions and IE versions you're dealing with so don't expect many timely
> replies here either.
>
> We're all volunteers here, Jack, and have lives outside of these newsgroups.
> Good luck to you.
> --
> ~PA Bear w/crosspost back to IE Security newsgroup
>
> JackOfAllTech wrote:
> > I hate to post to multiple groups but the internetexplorer.security
> > group doesn't appear to generate much traffic and a prompt answer
> > might be hard to come by on my inquiry. So...

> > At several locations I am responsible for we have multiple users
> > sharing the computers on site. What I would like to do is set the home
> > page for the users, with the manager of that location having a
> > different one than everyone else. I know I can set all users to have a
> > particular home page through group policies but that's not what I
> > need. Any help will be appreciated.

I based my comment on number of subscribers and looking at what I
could tell of how often people seem to post. Apologies. The OS is
Windows XP and the version of IE is a mix of 7 and 8 though I plan on
updating everyone to IE8 ASAP.