Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE 8 and XP Pro

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
Bruce.
 

Posts: n/a
IE 8 and XP Pro
Anyone else having trouble with IE 8 and Quicktime? When I go to this QT
test page, it always says QT is not installed properly and refuses to run
the test:

www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/

Does this page work for anyone else?

I'm (now) on Quicktime 7.6.2 (1324)

Bruce.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
Works fine here (IE 8 on WinXP SP 3.)

Did you install the ActiveX control when prompted?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Bruce. wrote:
> Anyone else having trouble with IE 8 and Quicktime? When I go to this QT
> test page, it always says QT is not installed properly and refuses to run
> the test:
>
> www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/
>
> Does this page work for anyone else?
>
> I'm (now) on Quicktime 7.6.2 (1324)
>
> Bruce.
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
VanguardLH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
Bruce. wrote:

> Anyone else having trouble with IE 8 and Quicktime? When I go to this QT
> test page, it always says QT is not installed properly and refuses to run
> the test:
>
> www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/
>
> Does this page work for anyone else?
>
> I'm (now) on Quicktime 7.6.2 (1324)


Try:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/flamecitron/

If the yellow infobar shows up at the top, you need to click on it and
elect to run the AX control for Quicktime. Then see if the movie plays.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
Singapore Computer Service
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
Hello,

1) Start Internet Explorer,
2) go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/
3) go to the Tools menu (if the menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on
the keyboard)
4) click Manage Add-ons.
5) Ensure 'QuickTime Object' under 'Apple Inc' is Enabled.
6) OK

__
http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
"Bruce." <noone@example.net> wrote in message
news:u5M%23VbDAKHA.1376@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Anyone else having trouble with IE 8 and Quicktime? When I go to this QT
> test page, it always says QT is not installed properly and refuses to run
> the test:
>
> www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/
>
> Does this page work for anyone else?
>
> I'm (now) on Quicktime 7.6.2 (1324)
>
> Bruce.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
Bruce.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:OX2et0DAKHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Works fine here (IE 8 on WinXP SP 3.)
>
> Did you install the ActiveX control when prompted?


Yes.

Bruce.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
Bruce.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
"VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message
news:h3427a$gkt$1@news.albasani.net...
>> www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/
>>
>> Does this page work for anyone else?
>>
>> I'm (now) on Quicktime 7.6.2 (1324)

>
> Try:
>
> http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/flamecitron/
>
> If the yellow infobar shows up at the top, you need to click on it and
> elect to run the AX control for Quicktime. Then see if the movie plays.


If I click on the 480p button, quciktime launches and plays normally.
However, the troubleshooting page still crashes IE every time.

It maybe because the 480p launches the Quicktime app, while the other
troubleshooting page has ebedded QT that doesn't launch the app.

Bruce.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
Bruce.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
"Singapore Computer Service" <singaporecomputerusenet_1@bootstrike.com>
wrote in message news:Oo4ZCdIAKHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> 1) Start Internet Explorer,
> 2) go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/
> 3) go to the Tools menu (if the menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key
> on the keyboard)
> 4) click Manage Add-ons.
> 5) Ensure 'QuickTime Object' under 'Apple Inc' is Enabled.
> 6) OK


I can't go to that page as it causes an immediate IE crash.

However, if I use a different page, in the manage Add-on, both QuickTime
Object and QuckTimeCheck class are there and enabled.

Bruce.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
Singapore Computer Service
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
Hello,

Try disabling all other add-ons except for QuickTime Object

__
http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
"Bruce." <noone@example.net> wrote in message
news:OeNAScJAKHA.5908@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> "Singapore Computer Service" <singaporecomputerusenet_1@bootstrike.com>
> wrote in message news:Oo4ZCdIAKHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>>
>> 1) Start Internet Explorer,
>> 2) go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/
>> 3) go to the Tools menu (if the menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key
>> on the keyboard)
>> 4) click Manage Add-ons.
>> 5) Ensure 'QuickTime Object' under 'Apple Inc' is Enabled.
>> 6) OK

>
> I can't go to that page as it causes an immediate IE crash.
>
> However, if I use a different page, in the manage Add-on, both QuickTime
> Object and QuckTimeCheck class are there and enabled.
>
> Bruce.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
Bruce.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
Ok, I fixed it. When I did a View Details on the crash, it was crashing in
3ivx.dll which I believe is a codec that was installed as part of my Flip
camcorder. I uninstalled the 3ivx and now IE can display that page without
crashing.

Now I need to see if there is a newer version of 3ivx.

Thanks.
Bruce.


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009
VanguardLH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and XP Pro
Bruce wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>>
>> Try:
>>
>> http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/flamecitron/
>>
>> If the yellow infobar shows up at the top, you need to click on it and
>> elect to run the AX control for Quicktime. Then see if the movie plays.

>
> If I click on the 480p button, quciktime launches and plays normally.
> However, the troubleshooting page still crashes IE every time.
>
> It maybe because the 480p launches the Quicktime app, while the other
> troubleshooting page has ebedded QT that doesn't launch the app.


Don't go fancy on graphics quality. Just click on the small or medium
"standard" movies to see if they play okay.

And what would be "embedded QT"? The web browser (all of them) will
need a control to decode the media stream or content hence the need for
a codec. If you want QT content to display on your host, you'll need to
install their codec (whether from them or a purloined copy included in
other software, like Quicktime Alternative).

I had no crashes loading www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/. Did
you try disabling all non-Microsoft add-ons except Quicktime and then
retry that web page? Could be you have other 3rd party add-ons that
conflict with the Quicktime add-on. Add-ons are not just sometimes
incompatible with a new version of a web browsers. Sometimes they are
incompatible with each other.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:01.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120