Internet Explorer 8 Displays Blank Page

JamesJ

Internet Explorer 8 Displays Blank Page
Sometimes while browsing, ie 8 will open a page and the page will be blank
although it
shows 'Done' in the status bar. If I refresh the page then gets displayed
properly.
Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks,
James

Don Varnau

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Displays Blank Page
Hi,
Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not be important.)

How often does this happen? If it happens once in 50 or 100 pages, I
wouldn't even try to troubleshoot it.

Are the same sites always involved? If so, list a few.

See if clearing the Temporary Internet Files makes a difference.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes while browsing, ie 8 will open a page and the page will be blank
> although it
> shows 'Done' in the status bar. If I refresh the page then gets displayed
> properly.
> Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
>
> Thanks,
> James

JamesJ

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Displays Blank Page
Vista.
Doesn't happen much. Happens a few times with 100 pages.
Yeah it would be a bit difficult to troubleshoot happening so few times.
Just thought, maybe it was a sign of some larger issue.

Thanks,
James

> Hi,
> Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not be important.)
>
> How often does this happen? If it happens once in 50 or 100 pages, I
> wouldn't even try to troubleshoot it.
>
> Are the same sites always involved? If so, list a few.
>
> See if clearing the Temporary Internet Files makes a difference.
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> Sometimes while browsing, ie 8 will open a page and the page will be
>> blank
>> although it
>> shows 'Done' in the status bar. If I refresh the page then gets displayed
>> properly.
>> Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James

Don Varnau

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Displays Blank Page
Hi,
I'd chalk this up to the principle that nothing (including / especially the
internet) always works perfectly. ;-)
-

> Vista.
> Doesn't happen much. Happens a few times with 100 pages.
> Yeah it would be a bit difficult to troubleshoot happening so few times.
> Just thought, maybe it was a sign of some larger issue.
>
> Thanks,
> James

> > Hi,
> > Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not be important.)
> >
> > How often does this happen? If it happens once in 50 or 100 pages, I
> > wouldn't even try to troubleshoot it.
> >
> > Are the same sites always involved? If so, list a few.
> >
> > See if clearing the Temporary Internet Files makes a difference.

> > "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> >> Sometimes while browsing, ie 8 will open a page and the page will be
> >> blank
> >> although it
> >> shows 'Done' in the status bar. If I refresh the page then gets

displayed
> >> properly.
> >> Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> James

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Displays Blank Page
(cross-post added to Vista Networking)
"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:usOwj7CAKHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Vista.
> Doesn't happen much. Happens a few times with 100 pages.
> Yeah it would be a bit difficult to troubleshoot happening so few times.

> Just thought, maybe it was a sign of some larger issue.

Could be a symptom of an MTU issue but I thought that Vista had
a way of automating that.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925280

(BING search for
Vista MTU "black hole" site:support.microsoft.com
)

So now details about your connectivity will be relevant as well.
And you might find more informed help in a Vista specific newsgroup instead.
Crossposting to Vista Networking for convenience.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> Thanks,
> James

>> Hi,
>> Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not be important.)
>>
>> How often does this happen? If it happens once in 50 or 100 pages, I
>> wouldn't even try to troubleshoot it.
>>
>> Are the same sites always involved? If so, list a few.
>>
>> See if clearing the Temporary Internet Files makes a difference.
>> -
>> Hope this helps,
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> Sometimes while browsing, ie 8 will open a page and the page will be
>>> blank
>>> although it
>>> shows 'Done' in the status bar. If I refresh the page then gets displayed
>>> properly.
>>> Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> James

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Displays Blank Page
Hello,

Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
the same problem arises.

If the problem does not occur again, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the
menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons.
Disable all the add-ons under 'Toolbars and Extensions'. Enable each add-on
one at each time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again
after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

Since you say this happens only sometimes, it is going to be a long time to
narrow down the add-on causing the problem, if it works with add-ons
disabled. Try to have only the required add-ons enabled. In Manage Add-ons,
you need to change to "All Add-ons" under Show. Here, you can disable the
ones you do not need.
__
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service