Disable download

Hi

Is it possible to disable download in IE6, IE7, IE8?

Than'x
Shay

Leonard Grey

Re: Disable download
Disconnect the network capable.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

S wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to disable download in IE6, IE7, IE8?
>
> Than'x
> Shay

VanguardLH

Re: Disable download
S wrote:

> Is it possible to disable download in IE6, IE7, IE8?

Download what? From where? Except for opening local files to open as
web pages, the primary purpose of a web browser is to download, like web
pages from a server to show them on your host.

Re: Disable download
Yes, disconnect the computer from the internet.

Leonard Grey wrote:

> Disconnect the network capable.

Sorry, Leonard, couldn't resist this: >>;->

Hmm, "the network capable". Using an adjective as a noun so that phrase
would refer to the users that are capable of having a network. Not the
same as "the network enabled", so "the network capable" must be those
who are in an area where they could connect to a network but choose not
to do so.

Okay, I've got my shotgun cleaned and my hunting vest fully populated
with shells. When do we go "disconnecting" these network-capable users?
Heh heh heh heh heh.

"A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go. Hi ho, a merry-oh. A
hunting we will go." (Sung in an Elmer Fudd voice.)

(Yeah, I know, you meant "cable" but I like better your original reply.)

Re: Disable download
I want to disable the option to download .exe files. That they cannot
download fames, icq.

They should see web pages.

"S" <s@s.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to disable download in IE6, IE7, IE8?
>
> Than'x
> Shay

VanguardLH

Re: Disable download
S wrote:

> S wrote ...
>>
>> Is it possible to disable download in IE6, IE7, IE8?

> I want to disable the option to download .exe files. That they cannot
> download fames, icq.
>
> They should see web pages.

Learn to use the security already include in Windows. YOU need to
consider what TYPE of Windows account you are going to dole out to other
users. Give them a limited user account and they cannot install
software. Use the security that is already included in NT-based
versions of Windows. If you are still lingering on 9x-based versions of
Windows then you don't have OS-managed security.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279783
Singapore Computer Service

Re: Disable download
Hello,

It is not possible from within IE, but there are ways outside but can be
complicated for a novice user

1) use a proxy that supports filtering such as CCProxy and set IE's proxy to
CCProxy. Add filter to CCProxy to disable download of EXE files.
2) set filters on the router to forbid such requests, this is only supported
by some routers (possibly the Linksys models, but I am not sure about this)
3) install a firewall which prevents exe downloads, this should be easy, but
I can't offhand recall any software which provides this feature

You may want to pop into a software store and ask for a software which does
this for you easily as the above can be complicated.
__
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
"S" <s@s.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to disable download in IE6, IE7, IE8?
>
> Than'x
> Shay

VanguardLH

Re: Disable download
Singapore Computer Service wrote:
> __
> http:// www. b**tstrike. com/ComputerService/
> Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service

Be leery of advice from a SPAMMER. They have a different agenda than
their pretense of giving help. This one does know how to put his spam
in a signature as evidenced by his first posts but refuses to do so now
because he is scared of newsreaders that strip off signatures. He wants
to ejaculate his spam in your face.