IE8: How to Change Folder View Defaults?

GravesKC

IE8: How to Change Folder View Defaults?
I have changed by Folder View Setting in Windows Explorer numerous ways (e.g.
Detail View, Sort by Name; Large Icon View, Sort by Creation Date, etc. etc.)

When IE8 spawns a window to look through your directory, though, it always
seems to have the same default Folder View (Detail View, Sort by Name).

How can I change the default Folder View in IE8? It does not seem affected
by the Windows Explorer settings.

Re: How to Change Folder View Defaults?
Please stick with your orginal thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1aea96965d5688

Thanx.

GravesKC wrote:
> I have changed by Folder View Setting in Windows Explorer numerous ways
> (e.g. Detail View, Sort by Name; Large Icon View, Sort by Creation Date,
> etc. etc.)
>
> When IE8 spawns a window to look through your directory, though, it always
> seems to have the same default Folder View (Detail View, Sort by Name).
>
> How can I change the default Folder View in IE8? It does not seem
> affected
> by the Windows Explorer settings.

GravesKC

Re: How to Change Folder View Defaults?
1. Someone helped me explain a little more artfully. Is there a way to
delete the first thread? If so, I cannot find it.

2. I take it you do not know the answer to my question?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please stick with your orginal thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1aea96965d5688
>
> Thanx.
>

> GravesKC wrote:
> > I have changed by Folder View Setting in Windows Explorer numerous ways
> > (e.g. Detail View, Sort by Name; Large Icon View, Sort by Creation Date,
> > etc. etc.)
> >
> > When IE8 spawns a window to look through your directory, though, it always
> > seems to have the same default Folder View (Detail View, Sort by Name).
> >
> > How can I change the default Folder View in IE8? It does not seem
> > affected
> > by the Windows Explorer settings.

Re: How to Change Folder View Defaults?
No, you cannot delete the thread.

If you need further assistance, reply to the original thread and state that
the suggestion didn't resolve the problem. That way, everyone will know
what's been tried already.

GravesKC wrote:
> 1. Someone helped me explain a little more artfully. Is there a way to
> delete the first thread? If so, I cannot find it.
>
> 2. I take it you do not know the answer to my question?
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please stick with your orginal thread:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1aea96965d5688
>>
>> Thanx.
>>

>> GravesKC wrote:
>>> I have changed by Folder View Setting in Windows Explorer numerous ways
>>> (e.g. Detail View, Sort by Name; Large Icon View, Sort by Creation Date,
>>> etc. etc.)
>>>
>>> When IE8 spawns a window to look through your directory, though, it
>>> always
>>> seems to have the same default Folder View (Detail View, Sort by Name).
>>>
>>> How can I change the default Folder View in IE8? It does not seem
>>> affected
>>> by the Windows Explorer settings.

GravesKC

Re: How to Change Folder View Defaults?
Was my second iteration not better phrased? Might this not have a greater
chance at attracting knowledgeable individuals?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No, you cannot delete the thread.
>
> If you need further assistance, reply to the original thread and state that
> the suggestion didn't resolve the problem. That way, everyone will know
> what's been tried already.
>

> GravesKC wrote:
> > 1. Someone helped me explain a little more artfully. Is there a way to
> > delete the first thread? If so, I cannot find it.
> >
> > 2. I take it you do not know the answer to my question?
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Please stick with your orginal thread:
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1aea96965d5688
> >>
> >> Thanx.

Re: How to Change Folder View Defaults?
One thread per problem per user: That's how it works here.

GravesKC wrote:
> Was my second iteration not better phrased? Might this not have a greater
> chance at attracting knowledgeable individuals?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> No, you cannot delete the thread.
>>
>> If you need further assistance, reply to the original thread and state
>> that
>> the suggestion didn't resolve the problem. That way, everyone will know
>> what's been tried already.
>>

>> GravesKC wrote:
>>> 1. Someone helped me explain a little more artfully. Is there a way to
>>> delete the first thread? If so, I cannot find it.
>>>
>>> 2. I take it you do not know the answer to my question?

Singapore Computer Service

Re: How to Change Folder View Defaults?
Hello,

This was what I suggested in the previous thread. I tested it personally and
it worked for me.
**
Open a folder and set the sort order as you want. Then go to Tools > Folder
Options > View > Apply to All Folders > OK

Now when you open a folder from the File open box, the items should be
sorted by the order you set it.
**
__
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service