Tab options dont work properly

amenx

Tab options dont work properly
I basically use Firefox for most my browsing because I can get it to behave
exactly the way I want. However I sometimes do use IE8 for sites that it
works better on.

Now, tab browsing. I want ALL clicks ANYWHERE in IE to open in a new tab. I
want NOTHING to open on my current page. At present I have these options
selected:

- enable tabbed browsing
- always open pop-ups in a new tab
- (open links from other programs in) a new tab in the current window.

Yet I still encounter links opening in my current window and ruining my
browsing experience. These are favorites links and other sites links on the
current page. Is there any way I can get EVERYTHING to open in a new tab?
Thanks.
Don Varnau

Re: Tab options dont work properly
Hi,
There isn't a setting which will accomplish this. The option is to always
use Ctrl + click. It can become automatic.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"amenx" <amenx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I basically use Firefox for most my browsing because I can get it to

behave
> exactly the way I want. However I sometimes do use IE8 for sites that it
> works better on.
>
> Now, tab browsing. I want ALL clicks ANYWHERE in IE to open in a new tab.

> want NOTHING to open on my current page. At present I have these options
> selected:
>
> - enable tabbed browsing
> - always open pop-ups in a new tab
> - (open links from other programs in) a new tab in the current window.
>
> Yet I still encounter links opening in my current window and ruining my
> browsing experience. These are favorites links and other sites links on

the
> current page. Is there any way I can get EVERYTHING to open in a new tab?
> Thanks.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message news:uo%231Zau$JHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> There isn't a setting which will accomplish this. The option is to always
> use Ctrl + click. It can become automatic.

Or, for most sites that matter to me, I can use their Preferences features
to specify that search results pages be launched in their own window
(hence in a new tab because of my Tab settings).

FYI

Robert
---

> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "amenx" <amenx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I basically use Firefox for most my browsing because I can get it to

> behave
>> exactly the way I want. However I sometimes do use IE8 for sites that it
>> works better on.
>>
>> Now, tab browsing. I want ALL clicks ANYWHERE in IE to open in a new tab.

>> want NOTHING to open on my current page. At present I have these options
>> selected:
>>
>> - enable tabbed browsing
>> - always open pop-ups in a new tab
>> - (open links from other programs in) a new tab in the current window.
>>
>> Yet I still encounter links opening in my current window and ruining my
>> browsing experience. These are favorites links and other sites links on

> the
>> current page. Is there any way I can get EVERYTHING to open in a new tab?
>> Thanks.

Don Varnau

Re: Tab options dont work properly

[inline]

> > Hi,
> > There isn't a setting which will accomplish this. The option is to

always
> > use Ctrl + click. It can become automatic.

> Or, for most sites that matter to me, I can use their Preferences features
> to specify that search results pages be launched in their own window
> (hence in a new tab because of my Tab settings).
>
> FYI
>
> Robert

Agreed. One of the best features of BING. ;-)

Don