IE8 problems also

Ronald Foltz

IE8 problems also
installed IE8, didn't like it so did a system restore but now when i click
on "internet" it only stays up for a couple of seconds and closes. .
sometimes will freeze and get the msg "not responding" how can i get IE7
back or fix my problem??? thanks for any help

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 problems also
System Restore is not the way to uninstall software. Here is the correct
way to uninstall IE 8:

"How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Now you have a mess on your hands, since you have a combination of old
and new operating system files. Try this: Reinstall IE 8, restart twice,
follow the instructions above and hope for the best.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Ronald Foltz wrote:
> installed IE8, didn't like it so did a system restore but now when i click
> on "internet" it only stays up for a couple of seconds and closes. .
> sometimes will freeze and get the msg "not responding" how can i get IE7
> back or fix my problem??? thanks for any help

Re: IE8 problems also
NEVER, EVER attempt to "undo" an IE upgrade, Windows Service Pack, or
Windows Update by using System Restore!

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Uninstalling IE8 automatically restores the previous IE version (e.g., IE7).

Should you need more assistance:

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

Ronald Foltz wrote:
> installed IE8, didn't like it so did a system restore but now when i click
> on "internet" it only stays up for a couple of seconds and closes. .
> sometimes will freeze and get the msg "not responding" how can i get IE7
> back or fix my problem??? thanks for any help

Ronald Foltz

Re: IE8 problems also
thanks for the info . . . i'll probably have to take it to a tech. . but
i'll call that number tomorrow. . thanks again

> System Restore is not the way to uninstall software. Here is the correct
> way to uninstall IE 8:
>
> "How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>
> Now you have a mess on your hands, since you have a combination of old and
> new operating system files. Try this: Reinstall IE 8, restart twice,
> follow the instructions above and hope for the best.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Ronald Foltz wrote:
>> installed IE8, didn't like it so did a system restore but now when i
>> click on "internet" it only stays up for a couple of seconds and closes.
>> . sometimes will freeze and get the msg "not responding" how can i get
>> IE7 back or fix my problem??? thanks for any help

Ronald Foltz

Re: IE8 problems also
Mr. Bear. . thank you so much for that telephone #. . a tech talked me
through and solved the problem. . you should get a cape and call yourself
"Super Bear". . you're my hero. . . thanks again
> NEVER, EVER attempt to "undo" an IE upgrade, Windows Service Pack, or
> Windows Update by using System Restore!
>
> How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>
> Uninstalling IE8 automatically restores the previous IE version (e.g.,
> IE7).
>
> Should you need more assistance:
>
> No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
> (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
> 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a
> non-domain environment.
> => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
> => Other locales:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Ronald Foltz wrote:
>> installed IE8, didn't like it so did a system restore but now when i
>> click
>> on "internet" it only stays up for a couple of seconds and closes. .
>> sometimes will freeze and get the msg "not responding" how can i get IE7
>> back or fix my problem??? thanks for any help

Re: IE8 problems also
YW & thanks very much for your feedback, Ronald. May I ask how the problems
were resolved, please?