Re: saving attachemnts out of OE after IE8 install

Re: saving attachemnts out of OE after IE8 install
[crosspost to IE General]

Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
this newsgroup.

in the background when you installed and/or uninstalled IE8?

Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you have
an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

snicks wrote:
> after installing IE8, I can no longer drag attachements out of oulook
> express emails onto my desktop or any other drive on my PC. I get the
> following message "Cannont copy file: Cannot read from the source file or
> disk"
>
> Right clicking the attachment and choosing "save as.." or "save all" works
> fine, but is time consuming....
>
> Uninstalling IE8 back to IE7 fixes the problem

Snicks

Re: saving attachemnts out of OE after IE8 install
oops, I forgot to put my windows version...

I am using XP Pro with SP3.

I have AVG Internet Security 8.5.387 (currently the latest version) which
also controls the firewall.

I am able to "uninstall" IE8 using add/remove programs which puts the system
back to IE7 and the problem goes away.

And no... Norton hasn't been anywhere near this machine... I know better
than to do that

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [crosspost to IE General]
>
> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
> this newsgroup.

> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed and/or uninstalled IE8?

> Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you have
> an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> snicks wrote:
> > after installing IE8, I can no longer drag attachements out of oulook
> > express emails onto my desktop or any other drive on my PC. I get the
> > following message "Cannont copy file: Cannot read from the source file or
> > disk"
> >
> > Right clicking the attachment and choosing "save as.." or "save all" works
> > fine, but is time consuming....
> >
> > Uninstalling IE8 back to IE7 fixes the problem

Re: saving attachemnts out of OE after IE8 install
Did you disable all components and add-ons in AVG Internet Security (i.e.,
Resident Shield; firewall; Search-Shield; Active Surf-Shield; & Security
toolbar) and then enable the Windows Firewall prior to installing (and/or
uninstalling) IE8?

Have you purchased AVG Internet Security suite?
--
~PA Bear

Snicks wrote:
> oops, I forgot to put my windows version...
>
> I am using XP Pro with SP3.
>
> I have AVG Internet Security 8.5.387 (currently the latest version) which
> also controls the firewall.
>
> I am able to "uninstall" IE8 using add/remove programs which puts the
> system
> back to IE7 and the problem goes away.
>
> And no... Norton hasn't been anywhere near this machine... I know better
> than to do that
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> [crosspost to IE General]
>>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
>> this newsgroup.

>> applications running in the background when you installed and/or
>> uninstalled IE8?
>>
>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>>
>> Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
>> have
>> an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> snicks wrote:
>>> after installing IE8, I can no longer drag attachements out of oulook
>>> express emails onto my desktop or any other drive on my PC. I get the
>>> following message "Cannont copy file: Cannot read from the source file
>>> or
>>> disk"
>>>
>>> Right clicking the attachment and choosing "save as.." or "save all"
>>> works
>>> fine, but is time consuming....
>>>
>>> Uninstalling IE8 back to IE7 fixes the problem

Snicks

Re: saving attachemnts out of OE after IE8 install
I do have a fully purchased version of AVG Internet Security.

I did not uninstall AVG prior to updating to IE8 - the other 9 pc's here
have all been installed the same way without any issues.

Re: saving attachemnts out of OE after IE8 install
[To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the

I didn't ask you if you'd *uninstalled* AVG prior to installing IE8, Snicks.
--
~PA Bear

Snicks wrote:
> I do have a fully purchased version of AVG Internet Security.
>
> I did not uninstall AVG prior to updating to IE8 - the other 9 pc's here
> have all been installed the same way without any issues.

<paste>