Page jumps around filling out forms/loogging in

Sue J Thomas

Page jumps around filling out forms/loogging in
When I am on an IE7 page while filling in forms or even just loggin in the
page jumps all around. I am using xp pro sp2.
Very annoying! And often the page is lost and I am on a previous page...
Any ideas? Thanks,

Sue

Re: Page jumps around filling out forms/loogging in
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

[OT: Why isn't WinXP SP3 installed yet? No, do NOT install it now, please!]

Sue J Thomas wrote:
> When I am on an IE7 page while filling in forms or even just loggin in the
> page jumps all around. I am using xp pro sp2.
> Very annoying! And often the page is lost and I am on a previous page...
> Any ideas?

Sue J Thomas

Re: Page jumps around filling out forms/loogging in
Thanks for your answer. So far:
1. No add-ons does not solve the problem. More testing of your other
suggestions later today...
#4a. I am using IE7 only. I have a security suite and don't know what was
running when IE7 was installed (might have come with xp pro which was on
this retail computer 4 or so years ago when I got it. I did install sp2 xp.
#4b. OT: Haven't installed sp3 because it seems I have to go thru a lot of
prepartations I am not sure I can do now. and WHY DO U SAY DON'T INSTALL IT
NOW??? (i need to get a check on the origianl Windows files because sfc
scannow is showing errors I have been unable to correct).