editing html code on IE 8

Monty

editing html code on IE 8
I've just downloaded IE8 on my Windows XP computer. I need to update my web
pages, and with IE7 I just clicked View and Source. The source code was
opened, and I could edit it.

With IE8, when I click View and Source, I get a beautiful colored source
code, but I can't edit it... or at least I can't figure out how to edit it.
What must I do? If I can't edit my code, IE 8 is useless.
Ron Sommer

Re: editing html code on IE 8
Can you save as a text file? If it is colored, then it is not plain text.
--
Ron Sommer

"Monty" <Monty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just downloaded IE8 on my Windows XP computer. I need to update my
> web
> pages, and with IE7 I just clicked View and Source. The source code was
> opened, and I could edit it.
>
> With IE8, when I click View and Source, I get a beautiful colored source
> code, but I can't edit it... or at least I can't figure out how to edit
> it.
> What must I do? If I can't edit my code, IE 8 is useless.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: editing html code on IE 8

"Monty" <Monty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20CD8A95-0505-4DA4-90D2-E7A5A992963D@microsoft.com...
> I've just downloaded IE8 on my Windows XP computer. I need to update my web
> pages, and with IE7 I just clicked View and Source. The source code was
> opened, and I could edit it.
>

> With IE8, when I click View and Source, I get a beautiful colored source
> code, but I can't edit it... or at least I can't figure out how to edit it.

> What must I do? If I can't edit my code, IE 8 is useless.

If you want to Edit you could add an Edit button to your Command bar.

However, if you don't want to use the new source browser, just change it
using the Developer Tools, File menu to something that you prefer.
(F12, Alt-F, C, ...)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Monty

Re: editing html code on IE 8
"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Monty" <Monty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20CD8A95-0505-4DA4-90D2-E7A5A992963D@microsoft.com...
> > I've just downloaded IE8 on my Windows XP computer. I need to update my web
> > pages, and with IE7 I just clicked View and Source. The source code was
> > opened, and I could edit it.
> >

> > With IE8, when I click View and Source, I get a beautiful colored source
> > code, but I can't edit it... or at least I can't figure out how to edit it.

> > What must I do? If I can't edit my code, IE 8 is useless.

> If you want to Edit you could add an Edit button to your Command bar.
>
> However, if you don't want to use the new source browser, just change it
> using the Developer Tools, File menu to something that you prefer.
> (F12, Alt-F, C, ...)
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>
> I figured out how to do it. Click File, then Edit with Notepad.

Can't imagine why they changed this, and why they didn't give a user like me
a clue