Problem with Internet Explorer

db

Problem with Internet Explorer
When going to some websites i get the message appearing:

Box opens up marked "ASSERT in LSP"

Inside the box is a red circle with a white diagonal cross

The writing in the box is as follows:

Iexplore.exe

Assert in LSP

G_socket_data.Lookup(s)==0

Capture\lsp\nolsp\wsp_patches.cpp:1313

I am then diven the option of Abort, Retry or ignore

I thought it might be a problem with IE8 so I uninstalled it. Still getting
the same message with IE7. Can anybody tell me how to fix this. My operating
systrm is Vista premium.

Many thanks

Dave

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general | Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ring=d&hl =en

Tip: When composing a post or email in Word, only use the ENTER key to begin
a new paragraph. To begin a new line, use SHIFT+ENTER.

db wrote:
> When going to some websites i get the message appearing:
>

> Box opens up marked "ASSERT in LSP"
>
> Inside the box is a red circle with a white diagonal cross
>
> The writing in the box is as follows:
>
> Iexplore.exe
>
> Assert in LSP
>
> G_socket_data.Lookup(s)==0
>
> Capture\lsp\nolsp\wsp_patches.cpp:1313
>

> I am then diven the option of Abort, Retry or ignore
>

> I thought it might be a problem with IE8 so I uninstalled it. Still
> getting
> the same message with IE7. Can anybody tell me how to fix this. My
> operating
> systrm is Vista premium.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Dave

db

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer
Many thanks PA Bear. Uninstalled Google desktop and problem solved

Cheers

Dave

> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general | Google Groups:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ring=d&hl =en
>
> Tip: When composing a post or email in Word, only use the ENTER key to
> begin a new paragraph. To begin a new line, use SHIFT+ENTER.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> db wrote:
>> When going to some websites i get the message appearing:
>>

>> Box opens up marked "ASSERT in LSP"
>>
>> Inside the box is a red circle with a white diagonal cross
>>
>> The writing in the box is as follows:
>>
>> Iexplore.exe
>>
>> Assert in LSP
>>
>> G_socket_data.Lookup(s)==0
>>
>> Capture\lsp\nolsp\wsp_patches.cpp:1313
>>

>> I am then diven the option of Abort, Retry or ignore
>>

>> I thought it might be a problem with IE8 so I uninstalled it. Still
>> getting
>> the same message with IE7. Can anybody tell me how to fix this. My
>> operating
>> systrm is Vista premium.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Dave

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer
YW. You might try installing the latest version of Google Desktop.

db wrote:
> Many thanks PA Bear. Uninstalled Google desktop and problem solved
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave

>> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general | Google Groups:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ring=d&hl =en
>>
>> Tip: When composing a post or email in Word, only use the ENTER key to
>> begin a new paragraph. To begin a new line, use SHIFT+ENTER.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> db wrote:
>>> When going to some websites i get the message appearing:
>>>

>>> Box opens up marked "ASSERT in LSP"
>>>
>>> Inside the box is a red circle with a white diagonal cross
>>>
>>> The writing in the box is as follows:
>>>
>>> Iexplore.exe
>>>
>>> Assert in LSP
>>>
>>> G_socket_data.Lookup(s)==0
>>>
>>> Capture\lsp\nolsp\wsp_patches.cpp:1313
>>>

>>> I am then diven the option of Abort, Retry or ignore
>>>

>>> I thought it might be a problem with IE8 so I uninstalled it. Still
>>> getting
>>> the same message with IE7. Can anybody tell me how to fix this. My
>>> operating
>>> systrm is Vista premium.
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> Dave

db

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer
I have installed the latest version as you suggest and all is working ok.
Once again many thanks

Dave

> YW. You might try installing the latest version of Google Desktop.
>
> db wrote:
>> Many thanks PA Bear. Uninstalled Google desktop and problem solved
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Dave

>>> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general | Google Groups:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ring=d&hl =en
>>>
>>> Tip: When composing a post or email in Word, only use the ENTER key to
>>> begin a new paragraph. To begin a new line, use SHIFT+ENTER.
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer
Thanks for your feedback, Dave.