JRE right problem with IE 8.0 on Terminal Server 2008 in user sess

Wolfgang Bauer

JRE right problem with IE 8.0 on Terminal Server 2008 in user sess
Hy Guys,

We've installed Internet Explorer 8.0 on a Windows Server 2008 Terminal
Server.
When we start any Java web site with an user account, the Java system tray
icon pops up, goes away and pops up again, but the Java object in the website
won't be loaded. When we open the Java console, he writes following
information:

JNLPException[category: Systemkonfiguration : Exception: null : LaunchDesc:
null ]
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.initializeExecutio nEnvironment(Unknown
Source)
at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain.handleMessageSe tJVMID(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain.mainLoop(Unknow n Source)
at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain.main(Unknown Source)

At administrator account on the same machine, the Java websites loads fine
with IE.
To determine the problem, I've also installed Firefox 3.x on the server.
With Firefox, Java websites are loading successfully with USER AND
ADMINISTRATOR account.
He is also loading the SAME JRE, because only one is installed.
At beginning, I thought, that this have to be any cache directory write
problems, but with BOTH browsers (IE and Firefox), he writes the cache in the
same directory (personal user directory - mapped network drive).

So there has to be any Internet Explorer reason, why the Java websites are
not loading in the user accounts.

Any idea?

Regards
Wolfgang Bauer
Wolfgang Bauer

RE: JRE right problem with IE 8.0 on Terminal Server 2008 in user sess
Hi!

I've crossed checked it again an it seems, that IE and Firefox starts with
different configurations of JRE.
Because, when I start a Java website with IE, a Folder named "Sun" is placed
on the Desktop, with the structure \Java\Deployment and subdirs like cache,
ext, log, security, aso.
I can remove the folder and everytime I start Java through IE, he's recreated.

When I start Java with Firefox, he creates the cache folder in the users
home directory (network drive as described), and creates NO directory on the
desktop.

The main configuration of JRE, I've did in
C:\Sun\Java\Deployment\deployment.properties.

There I've set the cache directory with following line:
deployment.user.cachedir=U\:\\

But it seems, that IE, when starting JRE, the setting will not apply.

But, where IE has the settings for creating a Directory on the Desktop?

"Wolfgang Bauer" wrote:

> Hy Guys,
>
> We've installed Internet Explorer 8.0 on a Windows Server 2008 Terminal
> Server.
> When we start any Java web site with an user account, the Java system tray
> icon pops up, goes away and pops up again, but the Java object in the website
> won't be loaded. When we open the Java console, he writes following
> information:
>
> JNLPException[category: Systemkonfiguration : Exception: null : LaunchDesc:
> null ]
> at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.initializeExecutio nEnvironment(Unknown
> Source)
> at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain.handleMessageSe tJVMID(Unknown Source)
> at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain.mainLoop(Unknow n Source)
> at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain.run(Unknown Source)
> at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain.main(Unknown Source)
>
> At administrator account on the same machine, the Java websites loads fine
> with IE.
> To determine the problem, I've also installed Firefox 3.x on the server.
> With Firefox, Java websites are loading successfully with USER AND
> ADMINISTRATOR account.
> He is also loading the SAME JRE, because only one is installed.
> At beginning, I thought, that this have to be any cache directory write
> problems, but with BOTH browsers (IE and Firefox), he writes the cache in the
> same directory (personal user directory - mapped network drive).
>
> So there has to be any Internet Explorer reason, why the Java websites are
> not loading in the user accounts.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Regards
> Wolfgang Bauer

Wolfgang Bauer

RE: JRE right problem with IE 8.0 on Terminal Server 2008 in user
SOLVED
The problem was the LocalLow Folder-Creation behalf on roaming profiles
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955555).
The Java applies to this folder under the user profile\AppData folder to
save some data.
At first logon with a new user profile, the Java works also with Internet
Explorer. After logoff and logon, the LocalLow folder won't be created
anymore (without the hotfix!) an Java doesn't work anymore.

I think Firefox loaded the Global-Configuration File from
C:\Sun\Java\Deployment\deployment.properties, where the cache was redirected
to users home directory, while Java with IE 8.0 tried to setup an own
profile-setting behalf on users profile.