Empty tabs

widget

Empty tabs
I'm using IE8 daily, all the time (I'm working in and for the internet). IE 8
is running well, until i let it run for days without switching it off. After
3,4 days without using it (logn weekend) i get on every click on a link about
3-6 new empty tabs until the right site is loading. Perhaps a bug?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Don Varnau

Re: Empty tabs
Hi,
Probably not what you want to hear ;-) but Internet Explorer likes to be
shut down occasionally. Clearing the Temporary Internet Files wouldn't hurt-
neither would limiting the size of the Temporary Internet Files folder to
about 100 MB. And, after all these years, Windows still appreciates the
occasional restart.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"widget" <widget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using IE8 daily, all the time (I'm working in and for the internet).

IE 8
> is running well, until i let it run for days without switching it off.

After
> 3,4 days without using it (logn weekend) i get on every click on a link

about
> 3-6 new empty tabs until the right site is loading. Perhaps a bug?
>
> --------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft...

VanguardLH

Re: Empty tabs
widget wrote:

> I'm using IE8 daily, all the time (I'm working in and for the internet). IE 8
> is running well, until i let it run for days without switching it off. After
> 3,4 days without using it (logn weekend) i get on every click on a link about
> 3-6 new empty tabs until the right site is loading. Perhaps a bug?

So you leave IE loaded although you aren't there to read the web page?
What's the point of doing this? If they are web pages that change their
content, well, it saves that in the TIF folder and the iexplore.exe gets
larger.

Yet tried loading IE in its no add-ons mode and doing the same
(pointless) test to see what then happens?

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

And just what was YOUR suggestion?
widget

Re: Empty tabs
HI Don

No, it's not what i want to hear ;-)

I'm a developer (Micriosoft technologies) and so i have some windows like
IE8 open all the time... some how-to's and manuals...

But.... today morning i restarted my PC.... and get same issue after reboot
and about 30min of work with IE8. After closing IE8 and reopen it works
best... but it happens also in regular worktimes ;-)

regards

widget.