Re: Window requesting Username and Password

Re: Window requesting Username and Password
[x-post to IE General]

Are any of these sites in your Favorites, Tony?

~PA Bear

TonyCzar wrote:
> Surprisingly, this did not remove the saved User Names and Passwords for
> the
> window that pops up, which appears to be specialized for Webmail sites.
> Still looking for answers...
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Drastic but...
>>
>> IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Content | AutoComplete |
>> Settings:
>> Clear the checkmark from "User names and passwords..." box & OK your way
>> out.
>>
>> Close all instances of IE & reboot.
>>

>> TonyCzar wrote:
>>> Thank you for writing. Much to my dismay, this does not work.

TonyCzar

Re: Window requesting Username and Password
(1) Both sites are in my Favorites folder.

(2) Using Kaspersky; current.

(3) Using SUPERAntiSpyware; current.

(4) Using no software Firewall; router has hardware Firewall.

(5) Kaspersky and SUPERAntiSpyware were (likely) running when IE8 installed.

(6) No Norton or McAffee software have ever been on the two computers I own
that are showing this issue.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [x-post to IE General]
>
> Are any of these sites in your Favorites, Tony?

> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed IE8?

> ~PA Bear
>

> TonyCzar wrote:
> > Surprisingly, this did not remove the saved User Names and Passwords for
> > the
> > window that pops up, which appears to be specialized for Webmail sites.
> > Still looking for answers...
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Drastic but...
> >>
> >> IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Content | AutoComplete |
> >> Settings:
> >> Clear the checkmark from "User names and passwords..." box & OK your way
> >> out.
> >>
> >> Close all instances of IE & reboot.

Re: Window requesting Username and Password
IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing History | Delete | Preserve
Favorites website data <=uncheck this option (temporarily) then press the
DELETE button for Form Data in the same applet.

Note that the real-time "system protections" afforded by the Kaspersky
application and SAS may be disallowing these changes. Note, too, that
failing to disable these same real-time protections prior to installing IE8
could be responsible for this and any other problems you've encountered.
YMMV, of course.

TonyCzar wrote:
> (1) Both sites are in my Favorites folder.
>
> (2) Using Kaspersky; current.
>
> (3) Using S*PERAntiSpyware; current.
>
> (4) Using no software Firewall; router has hardware Firewall.
>
> (5) Kaspersky and S*PERAntiSpyware were (likely) running when IE8
> installed.
>
> (6) No Norton or McAffee software have ever been on the two computers I
> own
> that are showing this issue.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [x-post to IE General]
>>
>> Are any of these sites in your Favorites, Tony?

>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>
>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> TonyCzar wrote:
>>> Surprisingly, this did not remove the saved User Names and Passwords for
>>> the
>>> window that pops up, which appears to be specialized for Webmail sites.
>>> Still looking for answers...

Re: Window requesting Username and Password
Reposting: