Allowed popups will not display

Carol

Allowed popups will not display
Using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7, version 7.0.5730.13-- I started
have a problem this morning with a popup appearing for a second then
disappearing on a site I have set to allow popups. I have double checked my
list of allowed sites and the site is there. I have even tried checking the
allow popups box in Internet Security under Internet Options but it still
does not work. I have received popups from this site previously, but the
site did change the appearance of the webpage if that makes any difference.

Does anyone have any other suggestions of what I might try or what might be
causing this?

Thanks

Re: Allowed popups will not display
And the site/web-page would be...?

Carol wrote:
> Using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7, version 7.0.5730.13-- I started
> have a problem this morning with a popup appearing for a second then
> disappearing on a site I have set to allow popups. I have double checked
> my
> list of allowed sites and the site is there. I have even tried checking
> the
> allow popups box in Internet Security under Internet Options but it still
> does not work. I have received popups from this site previously, but the
> site did change the appearance of the webpage if that makes any
> difference.
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions of what I might try or what might
> be
> causing this?
>
> Thanks

Carol

Re: Allowed popups will not display
My bank's e-statement website -
https://cfdsnet.c1data.net/sharedapp...in.aspx?bank=1

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> And the site/web-page would be...?
>
> Carol wrote:
> > Using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7, version 7.0.5730.13-- I started
> > have a problem this morning with a popup appearing for a second then
> > disappearing on a site I have set to allow popups. I have double checked
> > my
> > list of allowed sites and the site is there. I have even tried checking
> > the
> > allow popups box in Internet Security under Internet Options but it still
> > does not work. I have received popups from this site previously, but the
> > site did change the appearance of the webpage if that makes any
> > difference.
> >
> > Does anyone have any other suggestions of what I might try or what might
> > be
> > causing this?
> >
> > Thanks

Re: Allowed popups will not display
Running IE7 in WinXP SP3 here and I don't get any pop-ups on that page. (Of
course, I can't log-in so dunno what'd happen if I tried to do so.)

If you go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | select CUSTOM & scan, does
the Optional Software Updates category on the left-hand side offer a Root
Certificates update? If so, does the behavior you describe persist after
installing it (as well as any critical security updates offered)?

NB: Do NOT, under any circumstances, install IE8! Uncheck then hide it
instead.