MSN requires Sign In in IE8

Keith

MSN requires Sign In in IE8
Ever since my system was updated to IE8, I am seeing some strange and
annoying behaviors when browsing. The one I'm asking about here should be
simple. When I try to browse to MSN.COM, I am redirected to the Sign In
page. Is there an IE8 setting I need to change to be able to just browse MSN
like a normal person? I have seen the same behavior on Microsofts website
(microsoft.com) as well. Please help, as I don't like the idea of being
forced to sign in when all I want to do is browse a webpage.

Thanks,

Keith

Re: MSN requires Sign In in IE8
Anytime you sign-in to msn.com (i.e., your Live ID), always remember to
sign-out before leaving the page.

Keith wrote:
> Ever since my system was updated to IE8, I am seeing some strange and
> annoying behaviors when browsing. The one I'm asking about here should be
> simple. When I try to browse to MSN.COM, I am redirected to the Sign In
> page. Is there an IE8 setting I need to change to be able to just browse
> MSN like a normal person? I have seen the same behavior on Microsofts
> website (microsoft.com) as well. Please help, as I don't like the idea of
> being forced to sign in when all I want to do is browse a webpage.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Keith

Re: MSN requires Sign In in IE8
Thanks for the response. I would have never guessed that I would have to
sign in and then sign out to rectify this. Oh well, at least one problem is
solved.

Thanks again,

Keith

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Anytime you sign-in to msn.com (i.e., your Live ID), always remember to
> sign-out before leaving the page.
>
> Keith wrote:
> > Ever since my system was updated to IE8, I am seeing some strange and
> > annoying behaviors when browsing. The one I'm asking about here should be
> > simple. When I try to browse to MSN.COM, I am redirected to the Sign In
> > page. Is there an IE8 setting I need to change to be able to just browse
> > MSN like a normal person? I have seen the same behavior on Microsofts
> > website (microsoft.com) as well. Please help, as I don't like the idea of
> > being forced to sign in when all I want to do is browse a webpage.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Keith

Re: MSN requires Sign In in IE8
YMMV. Doing that fixes it for me.

Keith wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I would have never guessed that I would have to
> sign in and then sign out to rectify this. Oh well, at least one problem
> is
> solved.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Keith
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Anytime you sign-in to msn.com (i.e., your Live ID), always remember to
>> sign-out before leaving the page.
>>
>> Keith wrote:
>>> Ever since my system was updated to IE8, I am seeing some strange and
>>> annoying behaviors when browsing. The one I'm asking about here should
>>> be
>>> simple. When I try to browse to MSN.COM, I am redirected to the Sign In
>>> page. Is there an IE8 setting I need to change to be able to just
>>> browse
>>> MSN like a normal person? I have seen the same behavior on Microsofts
>>> website (microsoft.com) as well. Please help, as I don't like the idea
>>> of
>>> being forced to sign in when all I want to do is browse a webpage.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Keith

...winston

Re: MSN requires Sign In in IE8
Keith,
I've seen this occasionally and it appears that loading msn.com redirects to the sign-in page, other times it redirects(the
address bar briefly shows the sign in page) then continues to msn.com.

I've found that if I enter msn.com into the address bar, the sign is avoidable.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail