microsoft website unaccessable

Barra

microsoft website unaccessable
I am running IE7 on XP on my laptop. I have previously also tried IE8. The
problem I have is as follows. I can access any website I wish to with the
exception of Microsoft.com. I get the error message ' Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage'. As I said it is only the one website so I can't
do any updating. Any ideas?
Thanks, Barra
VanguardLH

Re: microsoft website unaccessable
Barra wrote:

> I am running IE7 on XP on my laptop. I have previously also tried IE8. The
> problem I have is as follows. I can access any website I wish to with the
> exception of Microsoft.com. I get the error message ' Internet Explorer
> cannot display the webpage'. As I said it is only the one website so I can't
> do any updating. Any ideas?
> Thanks, Barra

Malware is often specific at which web browser it attacks. So what have
you used so far to scan your system for pests?

> Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
> Visit : news:// spacesst. com

I see you got suckered into the "new" NNTP service. Did you notice they
spamify every one of your posts? Their spam is NOT in a signature.
They append it to the body of your post. Their spam becomes your spam.
Robert Aldwinckle

"Barra" <Barra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F3A504A-0D47-4ABF-B761-5A0C879D7DB0@microsoft.com...
>I am running IE7 on XP on my laptop. I have previously also tried IE8. The
> problem I have is as follows. I can access any website I wish to with the
> exception of Microsoft.com. I get the error message ' Internet Explorer
> cannot display the webpage'. As I said it is only the one website so I can't
> do any updating. Any ideas?

Since that is the one that is used with the Diagnose Connection Problems...
tool, what does your diagnostic log from that procedure tell you?

---

> Thanks, Barra

C A Upsdell

Barra wrote:
> I am running IE7 on XP on my laptop. I have previously also tried IE8. The
> problem I have is as follows. I can access any website I wish to with the
> exception of Microsoft.com. I get the error message ' Internet Explorer
> cannot display the webpage'. As I said it is only the one website so I can't
> do any updating. Any ideas?
> Thanks, Barra

I had this problem once with a Google toolbar. I suggest that you
disable add-ons, and if the problem goes away, you re-enable each until
the problem reappears, which enables you to identify the problem.

Re: microsoft website unaccessable
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums as well.**