Viewing webpages with IE8 - Spirit Request

stenamiller

Viewing webpages with IE8 - Spirit Request
One of the webpages is www.keepsakekreations.biz
Someone else posted a response that navigation bars and other content is
missing from Publisher HTML output in IE8. If that is the main problem, this
is something that only Microsoft can fix through a patch or update I imagine.
--
Stenamiller
VanguardLH

Re: Viewing webpages with IE8 - Spirit Request
stenamiller wrote:

> One of the webpages is www.keepsakekreations.biz
> Someone else posted a response that navigation bars and other content is
> missing from Publisher HTML output in IE8. If that is the main problem, this
> is something that only Microsoft can fix through a patch or update I imagine.

Publisher produces web pages that use Microsoft's VML. No one but
Microsoft wants to support it, and now Microsoft is starting to remove
some support for VML.

"VML is no longer supported"
https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/fee...dbackID=333905
(mentions changes in IE8's support of VML)

"VML Changes in IE8"
http://ajaxian.com/archives/the-vml-changes-in-ie-8

IE8 cannot render VML images if size is given as a percentage instead of
pixels (as noted in the "% unit" mention in the above ajaxian article).
Rather than scaling an image by changing its percentage for size, you
now have to recalculate the dimensions.

"Site Compatibility and IE8"
http://msdnrss.thecoderblogs.com/200...ility-and-ie8/
(mentions no longer supporting VML's v\:* behavior selector)
C A Upsdell

stenamiller wrote:
> One of the webpages is www.keepsakekreations.biz
> Someone else posted a response that navigation bars and other content is
> missing from Publisher HTML output in IE8. If that is the main problem, this
> is something that only Microsoft can fix through a patch or update I imagine.

The patch would have to be to Publisher.

Spirit

Re: Viewing webpages with IE8 - Spirit Request
Yeah I see the out-of-bounds problem now. Thanks.

"stenamiller" <stenamiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of the webpages is www.keepsakekreations.biz
> Someone else posted a response that navigation bars and other content is
> missing from Publisher HTML output in IE8. If that is the main problem,
> this
> is something that only Microsoft can fix through a patch or update I
> imagine.
> --
> Stenamiller

Re: Viewing webpages with IE8 - Spirit Request
No, the web-page owner would have to fix it per...

Navigation bars and other content is missing from Publisher HTML output in
Internet Explorer 8:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969705