Did installing IE8 cause this?

Azy

Did installing IE8 cause this?
Hi, I recently upgraded on my desktop pc from IE7 to IE8. No problems during
the process. WHat is ironic is that i noticed that a game I play, at
pogo.com doesnt view correctly. But, on my LapTop which already had IE8,
there has never been this problem.
Basically, the bottom 1 inch or so of the game is blocked and cant move up.
So playing this game is frustrating because the tiles can not be fully seen
nor some of the buttons.

BUT as i said, on my LT there are no issues.
ANd i noticed this change right after I did IE8 upgrade. I think i am ready
to uninstall and reinstall the IE7 version.
Can you show me the best easiest way to do this. THen i may try to reinstall
again later and see if the prob got fixed.
I have windows xp home edition sp2.
thanks in advance
ps: I contacted Pogo.com with this issue and it says to use firefox instead.
I dont see why i need to change if IE works on my LapTop pc with the same OS
specs.

Don Varnau

Re: Did installing IE8 cause this?
Hi,
Suggestions...
1. Try Compatibility Mode (broken page icon to the right of the Address
Bar.)
2. Try IE8 in Full Screen Mode - F11 key.
3. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
4. Try a different resolution in Display Settings. A larger screen may help.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
news:%23pVOf%23C%23JHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl.. .
> Hi, I recently upgraded on my desktop pc from IE7 to IE8. No problems

during
> the process. WHat is ironic is that i noticed that a game I play, at
> pogo.com doesnt view correctly. But, on my LapTop which already had IE8,
> there has never been this problem.
> Basically, the bottom 1 inch or so of the game is blocked and cant move

up.
> So playing this game is frustrating because the tiles can not be fully

seen
> nor some of the buttons.
>
> BUT as i said, on my LT there are no issues.
> ANd i noticed this change right after I did IE8 upgrade. I think i am

ready
> to uninstall and reinstall the IE7 version.
> Can you show me the best easiest way to do this. THen i may try to

reinstall
> again later and see if the prob got fixed.
> I have windows xp home edition sp2.
> thanks in advance
> ps: I contacted Pogo.com with this issue and it says to use firefox

instead.
> I dont see why i need to change if IE works on my LapTop pc with the same

OS
> specs.

VanguardLH

Azy wrote:

> I recently upgraded on my desktop pc from IE7 to IE8. i noticed that a
> game I play, at pogo.com doesnt view correctly. Basically, the bottom
> 1 inch or so of the game is blocked and cant move up.

Tried running IE8 in its no add-ons mode? If an add-on is required for
the web site, disable all the others except the one needed (like maybe
Flash).

When installing IE8, you should uninstall all non-Microsoft add-ons.
ALL of them. After the install of IE8, install just the ones you need
and make sure to get the latest version. Not all add-ons are yet
compatible with IE8.