IE 8 tabs

geek309

IE 8 tabs
Hello MS boffins,

I have been using Windows 7 RC x64 since it came out and so far so good, so
good job there.

However, I have a sugegstion and/or complaint regarding the IE 8.

When I'm in a website a I click a link which opens another website, why is
it that a new IE windows is opened rather than a new tab.

If there's anything, maybe an option, which I can configure to open a new
tab rather than a new window please let me know because it is very annoying.

Thanks and Regards,

Nathaniel Diacono.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Fred

Re: IE 8 tabs
In I.E.8:

Tools > Internet Options > General tab > click Tabs Settings

Bottom section, "Open links from other programs in:"
Check "A new tab in the current window"

OK, OK, done.

- Fred

geek309 wrote:
> Hello MS boffins,
>
> I have been using Windows 7 RC x64 since it came out and so far so
> good, so good job there.
>
> However, I have a sugegstion and/or complaint regarding the IE 8.
>
> When I'm in a website a I click a link which opens another website,
> why is it that a new IE windows is opened rather than a new tab.
>
> If there's anything, maybe an option, which I can configure to open a
> new tab rather than a new window please let me know because it is
> very annoying.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Nathaniel Diacono.
>
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
> the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

geek309

Re: IE 8 tabs
hi fred,

first of all thanks for the re.

I followed your instructions, however that option was already selected and
seems to not work.

Could this be some sort of bug?

regards.
"Fred" wrote:

> In I.E.8:
>
> Tools > Internet Options > General tab > click Tabs Settings
>
> Bottom section, "Open links from other programs in:"
> Check "A new tab in the current window"
>
> OK, OK, done.
>
> - Fred
>
> geek309 wrote:
> > Hello MS boffins,
> >
> > I have been using Windows 7 RC x64 since it came out and so far so
> > good, so good job there.
> >
> > However, I have a sugegstion and/or complaint regarding the IE 8.
> >
> > When I'm in a website a I click a link which opens another website,
> > why is it that a new IE windows is opened rather than a new tab.
> >
> > If there's anything, maybe an option, which I can configure to open a
> > new tab rather than a new window please let me know because it is
> > very annoying.
> >

> > Thanks and Regards,
> >
> > Nathaniel Diacono.
> >
> > ----------------
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
> > the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> > button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> > Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Spirit

Re: IE 8 tabs
REBOOT

Uncheck the Option. Close IE

Close IE - reopen IE make sure its checked and try.