IE8 cookies getting lost and black menu toolbar

TheZip

IE8 cookies getting lost and black menu toolbar
Greetings,

I upgraded to IE8 a few days ago. Now I find I go to a website that uses
cookies to save my login information and some display information. After
working a the site for a while I find that I am now asked to re-login again.
I run no other software to manage cookies so that shouldn't be a problem.

Secondly I find that the menu bar has turned totally black (background and
text) so I can't see anything.

Anyone else having these problems? Any fixes?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 cookies getting lost and black menu toolbar
"IE8 Tips, Caveats and Helpful Links"
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38848

"How to Solve Internet Explorer 8 Installation Problems"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Upgrading Windows XP to Internet Explorer 8:

[I don't have Vista -- the procedures might be slightly different if you
do.]

Follow these suggestions and you are virtually assured of success.
Nonetheless, you do what you think is best.

1- Read about the new features of IE 8 on Microsoft's website (and
elsewhere on the web).
2- Read the Release Notes
3- Make sure your computer is 100% free of malware.
4- Make sure your computer is otherwise problem-free. Upgrading to IE 8
is not a fix for problems you are currently experiencing.
5- Make sure all your software (including Windows itself) and drivers
are up to date.
6- Make sure all your security software, as well as any other software
you frequently use and websites you frequently visit, are compatible
with IE 8.
7- Backup your personal files (documents, photos, spreadsheets, etc.) as
well as your e-mail, address book and Favorites; and create a restore
point. (If you're familiar with disk imaging, backup your hard drive.)
8- You may need to uninstall all third-party toolbars and toolbar
buttons from your current version of Internet Explorer; or (2) reset
Internet Explorer to default settings. When you reset Internet Explorer
settings, all add-ons and customizations are deleted, and you basically
start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer.
9- Download the IE 8 installer from the Microsoft website.
10- Close all open applications, i.e., applications with an icon on the
Taskbar.
11- Disable your security software. Turn on Windows Firewall.
12- During IE 8 installation, agree to "Install updates."
13- Reboot /twice/ after installing IE 8.
14- Turn off Windows Firewall. Re-enable your security software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est