IE8 AND Mapquest

donsteph

IE8 AND Mapquest
I downloaded and installed IE8 under Vista home edition. Now Mapquest doesn't
work. All I get is a totally blank page. Can't find a fix. Does Bill want us
to use his mapping stuff instead of the competition?
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 AND Mapquest
MapQuest does not yet fully support IE 8
http://help.mapquest.com/jive/entry....&categoryID=72

You could try MapQuest with IE 8's Compatibility View, or perhaps these
instructions for IE 7 will work:
http://help.mapquest.com/jive/entry.jspa?externalID=263

By the way, MapQuest is a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL. If you know
someone named "Bill" who works at AOL, perhaps he can help you?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

donsteph wrote:
> I downloaded and installed IE8 under Vista home edition. Now Mapquest doesn't
> work. All I get is a totally blank page. Can't find a fix. Does Bill want us
> to use his mapping stuff instead of the competition?

Re: IE8 AND Mapquest
<ROFL>

Leonard Grey wrote:
> MapQuest does not yet fully support IE 8
> http://help.mapquest.com/jive/entry....&categoryID=72
>
> You could try MapQuest with IE 8's Compatibility View, or perhaps these
> instructions for IE 7 will work:
> http://help.mapquest.com/jive/entry.jspa?externalID=263
>
> By the way, MapQuest is a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL. If you know
> someone named "Bill" who works at AOL, perhaps he can help you?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> donsteph wrote:
>> I downloaded and installed IE8 under Vista home edition. Now Mapquest
>> doesn't work. All I get is a totally blank page. Can't find a fix. Does
>> Bill want us to use his mapping stuff instead of the competition?

donsteph

Re: IE8 AND Mapquest
THX--- Bill= Bill Gates

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> MapQuest does not yet fully support IE 8
> http://help.mapquest.com/jive/entry....&categoryID=72
>
> You could try MapQuest with IE 8's Compatibility View, or perhaps these
> instructions for IE 7 will work:
> http://help.mapquest.com/jive/entry.jspa?externalID=263
>
> By the way, MapQuest is a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL. If you know
> someone named "Bill" who works at AOL, perhaps he can help you?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> donsteph wrote:
> > I downloaded and installed IE8 under Vista home edition. Now Mapquest doesn't
> > work. All I get is a totally blank page. Can't find a fix. Does Bill want us
> > to use his mapping stuff instead of the competition?

Steve

Re: IE8 AND Mapquest
I have Vista Home Premium edition. I upgraded to IE8 two weeks ago and have
not had one problem. Mapquest works just fine for me under IE 8.