Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver

Shep

Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
Since I installed Dreamweaver CS4 demo I lost my right click text file on
the right click menu and NOW I just noticed that when I am viewing a website
and select view>source from the IE7 toolbar the "My Computer" window opens
instead of the source page????

anyone know how I can fix this??

Re: Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
Uninstall Dreamweaver CS4 demo (free-trial)? Contact Adobe Support?

Shep wrote:
> Since I installed Dreamweaver CS4 demo I lost my right click text file on
> the right click menu and NOW I just noticed that when I am viewing a
> website
> and select view>source from the IE7 toolbar the "My Computer" window
> opens
> instead of the source page????
>
> anyone know how I can fix this??

Shep

Re: Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
Nice guess but now I just have no dreamweaver and still have the IE
problems.....
> Uninstall Dreamweaver CS4 demo (free-trial)? Contact Adobe Support?
>
> Shep wrote:
>> Since I installed Dreamweaver CS4 demo I lost my right click text file on
>> the right click menu and NOW I just noticed that when I am viewing a
>> website
>> and select view>source from the IE7 toolbar the "My Computer" window
>> opens
>> instead of the source page????
>>
>> anyone know how I can fix this??

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
Hello,

See if Method 2 described in this URL helps
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/de...hanged-in-ie8/

___
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
"Shep" <Shep@isp.com> wrote in message
> Since I installed Dreamweaver CS4 demo I lost my right click text file on
> the right click menu and NOW I just noticed that when I am viewing a
> website and select view>source from the IE7 toolbar the "My Computer"
> window opens instead of the source page????
>
> anyone know how I can fix this??

Re: Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
I did not guess.

Since installing Dreamweaver CS4 demo caused the behavior (apparently), it's
still a matter for Adobe Support IMHO.

Or you might select an available Restore Point which predates the problem
(i.e., the install of Dreamweaver CS4 demo).

Shep wrote:
> Nice guess but now I just have no dreamweaver and still have the IE
> problems.....
>
>> Uninstall Dreamweaver CS4 demo (free-trial)? Contact Adobe Support?
>>
>> Shep wrote:
>>> Since I installed Dreamweaver CS4 demo I lost my right click text file
>>> on
>>> the right click menu and NOW I just noticed that when I am viewing a
>>> website
>>> and select view>source from the IE7 toolbar the "My Computer" window
>>> opens
>>> instead of the source page????
>>>
>>> anyone know how I can fix this??

Shep

Re: Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
Restore doesn't work either, I tried that

I also uninstalled IE all the way back to IE6 and the problems still are
there. I guess it will be that way until I install a fresh windows install
again.

Dreamweaver should have changed things that are Windows related seems to be
a Microsoft problem to me

>I did not guess.
>
> Since installing Dreamweaver CS4 demo caused the behavior (apparently),
> it's still a matter for Adobe Support IMHO.
>
> Or you might select an available Restore Point which predates the problem
> (i.e., the install of Dreamweaver CS4 demo).
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Shep wrote:
>> Nice guess but now I just have no dreamweaver and still have the IE
>> problems.....
>>
>>> Uninstall Dreamweaver CS4 demo (free-trial)? Contact Adobe Support?

Shep

Re: Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
I know how to select a editor but that doesn't bring back the deafult window
that IE8 uses that window wasn't notepad because it had the numbered lines
and the code were colored, notepad doesn't do that.

I just re-installed IE8 and the problem is still there...

Another thing, Dreamweaver should remove the right click>new>text file but
it did. I did find a registery fix for that but it shouldn't have happened.

"Singapore Computer Service" <singaporecomputerusenet_1@bootstrike.com>
wrote in message news:uwmDzHL9JHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> See if Method 2 described in this URL helps
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/de...hanged-in-ie8/
>
> ___
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
> "Shep" <Shep@isp.com> wrote in message
>> Since I installed Dreamweaver CS4 demo I lost my right click text file on
>> the right click menu and NOW I just noticed that when I am viewing a
>> website and select view>source from the IE7 toolbar the "My Computer"
>> window opens instead of the source page????
>>
>> anyone know how I can fix this??

Re: Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
What "registry fix"?

If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.

Shep wrote:
> I know how to select a editor but that doesn't bring back the deafult
> window
> that IE8 uses that window wasn't notepad because it had the numbered lines
> and the code were colored, notepad doesn't do that.
>
> I just re-installed IE8 and the problem is still there...
>
> Another thing, Dreamweaver should remove the right click>new>text file but
> it did. I did find a registery fix for that but it shouldn't have
> happened.
>

> "Singapore Computer Service" <singaporecomputerusenet_1@bootstrike.com>
> wrote in message news:uwmDzHL9JHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>>
>> See if Method 2 described in this URL helps
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/de...hanged-in-ie8/
>>
>> ___
>> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
>> Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
>> "Shep" <Shep@isp.com> wrote in message
>>> Since I installed Dreamweaver CS4 demo I lost my right click text file
>>> on
>>> the right click menu and NOW I just noticed that when I am viewing a
>>> website and select view>source from the IE7 toolbar the "My Computer"
>>> window opens instead of the source page????
>>>
>>> anyone know how I can fix this??

Donald Anadell

> Restore doesn't work either, I tried that
>
> I also uninstalled IE all the way back to IE6 and the problems still are
> there. I guess it will be that way until I install a fresh windows
> install again.
>
> Dreamweaver should have changed things that are Windows related seems to
> be a Microsoft problem to me

The discription of your rightclick problem is rather vague, do you mean that
when you right click on the desktop and select "NEW" that the "text
document" item is missing from the context menu?

If so, you might try resetting the TXT file association:

As to your problem with View||Source opening a folder instead of Notepad,
see if the following helps:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/viewsrc.htm

If you reinstall IE8, see the following on changes made to View Source in
IE8:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/de...hanged-in-ie8/

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

>>I did not guess.
>>
>> Since installing Dreamweaver CS4 demo caused the behavior (apparently),
>> it's still a matter for Adobe Support IMHO.
>>
>> Or you might select an available Restore Point which predates the problem
>> (i.e., the install of Dreamweaver CS4 demo).
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Shep wrote:
>>> Nice guess but now I just have no dreamweaver and still have the IE
>>> problems.....

Shep

Re: Something happened to my IE7 after installing dreamweaver
I fixed the right click text doc problem, yes when I right clicked I use to
have the choice of selecting new text doc. it disappeared but I was able to
get it back.

The view source problem is still a problem but I have edited my registery to
open in my html editor BUT I would rather have it open up in the deafult
source window which in ie7 and 8 isn't notepad. Notepad doesn't have the
ability of color code the source code and in the window that opened when I
used IE7 or * before Dreamwever install had the line numbers and like I said
it was color coded..

I don't know what the default window that opens is for IE7 and * but I know
it isn't notepad.