RE: IE7 blank history

joer1926

RE: IE7 blank history

"Simpleuser" wrote:

> I have migrated from a PC running XP and IE7 to a new PC running Vista and
> IE7. I used the Easy Transfer software to do this and I have all my
> Favourites okay. On my old PC the drop-down History tab worked fine but now
> with Vista this tab is blank. Frustratingly, I know the information is there
> because I have downloaded a piece of freeware which allows me to view the
> history -- and so it appears my problem is in getting IE7 to look in the
> right place. So far I haven't succeeded in finding any way of getting IE7 to
> look in any specific place.
> I have seen a number of other discussion threads which seem to go round in
> circles with no resolution. Would you please give me some simple
> instructions to get IE7 to look in the right place, which as far as I can
> tell from the freeware is the default place. Thanks.

Olddad

RE: IE7 blank history
This fix works with IE8 and it should work in IE7. Go to
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows and delete all the
(desktop.ini) files in all the folders inside of Temporary Internet Files
folder and inside of history folder. Reboot system. Open IE and go to a
couple different sites and then check your history. It should be working. By
deleting the (desktop.ini) files your are forcing vista to rewrite them from
scratch along with the history location path.