IE7 freezing and other problems

Jack's stuff

IE7 freezing and other problems
I've never had any problems with IE7 until just the last few weeks
and can't figure out what is causing it. Some have suggested removing
Flash and reinstalling, which I did and it is still happening.

Quite often, when I first turn on the computer, boot up and then try
and open IE7 it will just hang or if I wait, it will take up to three or
four minutes for it to activate and open.

There are many times that I'll attempt to access a common website
and again, IE will not open that URL.

I've checked several forums looking for an answer and it seems there
are many that are having the same problem. Some suggest it is due to
Microsoft's updates and security issues they are trying to solve..

I am using Vista Ultimate 64x..

I would try IE8 but my bank is not accepting that version yet and I
couldn't use it for bill pay..

Using Firefox and even Google's new browser, I don't have those
problems but really hate to quit using IE.. I have all my bookmarks
in IE and access to different sites require IE.. ???????

HELP!!!!

Jack

Re: IE7 freezing and other problems
Thank you for beginning your own thread.

You do NOT want to upgrade to IE8 at this point!

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

2. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums as well.**

Jack's stuff wrote:
> I've never had any problems with IE7 until just the last few weeks
> and can't figure out what is causing it. Some have suggested removing
> Flash and reinstalling, which I did and it is still happening.
>
> Quite often, when I first turn on the computer, boot up and then try
> and open IE7 it will just hang or if I wait, it will take up to three or
> four minutes for it to activate and open.
>
> There are many times that I'll attempt to access a common website
> and again, IE will not open that URL.
>
> I've checked several forums looking for an answer and it seems there
> are many that are having the same problem. Some suggest it is due to
> Microsoft's updates and security issues they are trying to solve..
>
> I am using Vista Ultimate 64x..
>
> I would try IE8 but my bank is not accepting that version yet and I
> couldn't use it for bill pay..
>
> Using Firefox and even Google's new browser, I don't have those
> problems but really hate to quit using IE.. I have all my bookmarks
> in IE and access to different sites require IE.. ???????

Singapore Computer Service

Re: IE7 freezing and other problems
Hello,

Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
the same problem arises.

If the problem does not occur again, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the
menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons.
Disable all the add-ons under 'Toolbars and Extensions'. Enable each add-on
one at each time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again
after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

___
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
"Jack's stuff" <jrhondeau@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've never had any problems with IE7 until just the last few weeks
> and can't figure out what is causing it. Some have suggested removing
> Flash and reinstalling, which I did and it is still happening.
>
> Quite often, when I first turn on the computer, boot up and then try
> and open IE7 it will just hang or if I wait, it will take up to three or
> four minutes for it to activate and open.
> There are many times that I'll attempt to access a common website
> and again, IE will not open that URL.
> I've checked several forums looking for an answer and it seems there
> are many that are having the same problem. Some suggest it is due to
> Microsoft's updates and security issues they are trying to solve..
> I am using Vista Ultimate 64x..
> I would try IE8 but my bank is not accepting that version yet and I
> couldn't use it for bill pay..
> Using Firefox and even Google's new browser, I don't have those
> problems but really hate to quit using IE.. I have all my bookmarks
> in IE and access to different sites require IE.. ???????
> HELP!!!!
> Jack

Jack's stuff

Re: IE7 freezing and other problems
Thanks but Internet Explorer is running with no addons..

Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons

All Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls or
toolbars, are turned off. Some webpages might not display correctly.
To continue to your home page, click the Home button.
To browse using add-ons, close Internet Explorer and then start it
again

"Singapore Computer Service" <singaporecomputerusenet_1@bootstrike.com>
wrote in message news:e4PwkKL9JHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled.
>
> Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
> (No
> Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see
> if
> the same problem arises.
>
> If the problem does not occur again, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if
> the
> menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage
> Add-ons.
> Disable all the add-ons under 'Toolbars and Extensions'. Enable each
> add-on
> one at each time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again
> after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.
>
> ___
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
> "Jack's stuff" <jrhondeau@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've never had any problems with IE7 until just the last few weeks
>> and can't figure out what is causing it. Some have suggested removing
>> Flash and reinstalling, which I did and it is still happening.
>>
>> Quite often, when I first turn on the computer, boot up and then try
>> and open IE7 it will just hang or if I wait, it will take up to three or
>> four minutes for it to activate and open.
>> There are many times that I'll attempt to access a common website
>> and again, IE will not open that URL.
>> I've checked several forums looking for an answer and it seems there
>> are many that are having the same problem. Some suggest it is due to
>> Microsoft's updates and security issues they are trying to solve..
>> I am using Vista Ultimate 64x..
>> I would try IE8 but my bank is not accepting that version yet and I
>> couldn't use it for bill pay..
>> Using Firefox and even Google's new browser, I don't have those
>> problems but really hate to quit using IE.. I have all my bookmarks
>> in IE and access to different sites require IE.. ???????
>> HELP!!!!
>> Jack

Re: IE7 freezing and other problems
Uninstall Google Toolbar & reboot.

Jack's stuff wrote:
> Thanks but Internet Explorer is running with no addons..
>
> Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons
>
> All Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls or
> toolbars, are turned off. Some webpages might not display correctly.
> To continue to your home page, click the Home button.
> To browse using add-ons, close Internet Explorer and then start it
> again
>

> "Singapore Computer Service" <singaporecomputerusenet_1@bootstrike.com>
> wrote in message news:e4PwkKL9JHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>>
>> Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled.
>>
>> Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
>> (No
>> Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see
>> if
>> the same problem arises.
>>
>> If the problem does not occur again, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if
>> the
>> menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage
>> Add-ons.
>> Disable all the add-ons under 'Toolbars and Extensions'. Enable each
>> add-on
>> one at each time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs
>> again
>> after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.
>>
>> ___
>> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
>> Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
>> "Jack's stuff" <jrhondeau@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I've never had any problems with IE7 until just the last few weeks
>>> and can't figure out what is causing it. Some have suggested removing
>>> Flash and reinstalling, which I did and it is still happening.
>>>
>>> Quite often, when I first turn on the computer, boot up and then try
>>> and open IE7 it will just hang or if I wait, it will take up to three or
>>> four minutes for it to activate and open.
>>> There are many times that I'll attempt to access a common website
>>> and again, IE will not open that URL.
>>> I've checked several forums looking for an answer and it seems there
>>> are many that are having the same problem. Some suggest it is due to
>>> Microsoft's updates and security issues they are trying to solve..
>>> I am using Vista Ultimate 64x..
>>> I would try IE8 but my bank is not accepting that version yet and I
>>> couldn't use it for bill pay..
>>> Using Firefox and even Google's new browser, I don't have those
>>> problems but really hate to quit using IE.. I have all my bookmarks
>>> in IE and access to different sites require IE.. ???????
>>> HELP!!!!
>>> Jack