msn toolbar missing after installing Internet Explorer 8

Lnrad

msn toolbar missing after installing Internet Explorer 8
I have Windows XP with MSN Premium as my ISP. After I downloaded Internet
Explorer 8 optimised for MSN, when I right click on a shortcut to open the
page in a new window, the MSN toolbar is totally missing and the navigation
bar (or address bar) is halfway missing when the new page loads. To show the
toolbar, I have to either click file/new window OR view/navigation bar (and
the navigation bar expands to regular size) then repeat this step and then
the toolbar shows. Before I click on the show navigation bar, it's already
checked, so it should be showing. I deleted IE8, and the pages loaded as
normal, with the toolbars showing at all times. I then reinstalled IE8 after
shutting off my virus protection (McAfee) & Spy Sweeper, and the same problem
happens. I know that the IE8 is causing this, because without the IE8 update,
things are back to normal. Any suggestions on how to get the pages to load
normally with IE8?? Thanks in advance!!!
--
Lnrad
Allan

Re: msn toolbar missing after installing Internet Explorer 8

"Lnrad" <Lnrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP with MSN Premium as my ISP. After I downloaded Internet
> Explorer 8 optimised for MSN, when I right click on a shortcut to open the
> page in a new window, the MSN toolbar is totally missing and the
> navigation
> bar (or address bar) is halfway missing when the new page loads. To show
> the
> toolbar, I have to either click file/new window OR view/navigation bar
> (and
> the navigation bar expands to regular size) then repeat this step and then
> the toolbar shows. Before I click on the show navigation bar, it's already
> checked, so it should be showing. I deleted IE8, and the pages loaded as
> normal, with the toolbars showing at all times. I then reinstalled IE8
> after
> shutting off my virus protection (McAfee) & Spy Sweeper, and the same
> problem
> happens. I know that the IE8 is causing this, because without the IE8
> update,
> things are back to normal. Any suggestions on how to get the pages to load
> normally with IE8?? Thanks in advance!!!

From your description of the problem the MSN optimized version is hardly any
better than the stock version that everyone else is using. Can you just
download and install the MSN toolbar separately ? I understand that the MSN
toolbar is important to you but I thought it was a standalone add-on
available to everyone who has IE installed.