IE 8 Cannot install Flash Player

cjspeicher

IE 8 Cannot install Flash Player
I have tried the fixes that Adobe and Microsoft have posted. I unstalled
Flash Player, installed subinACL, ran the resetfp_10, reinstalled Flash
Player and restarted my Windows XP computer. Nothing..still, no Flash
Player. I am running XP with SP3. I did notice that my WUWebControl Class
is damaged and so is my Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool. Could
either of these be causing or hinting at my problem?
--
Cara
Earl

RE: IE 8 Cannot install Flash Player
I am having the exact same problem and followed the steps Adobe and Microsoft
suggested but also to no avail..if u find out what to do plz hit me at
blkpanther9805@yahoo.com thanks and I will do the same for you...this is very
frustrating

"cjspeicher" wrote:

> I have tried the fixes that Adobe and Microsoft have posted. I unstalled
> Flash Player, installed subinACL, ran the resetfp_10, reinstalled Flash
> Player and restarted my Windows XP computer. Nothing..still, no Flash
> Player. I am running XP with SP3. I did notice that my WUWebControl Class
> is damaged and so is my Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool. Could
> either of these be causing or hinting at my problem?
> --
> Cara

dean-dean

Re: IE 8 Cannot install Flash Player
Is your operating system 32-bit? If so, try this.

Uninstall "Adobe Flash Player Active X" in Control Panel\Add or Remove
Programs, if it exists.

In the Registry editor, go to (if it exists):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution
Units\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

In the Left-hand pane, right-click on the key (folder) named
{D27CDB6E-AID-11CF-96B8-444553540000}, and choose Delete.

Then download and run this first, from Adobe:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

Then, for Internet Explorer, try the standalone installer. This is the
latest version (Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87), from Adobe:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...0_active_x.exe

Before running either of the above .exe files, right-click on them, choose
Properties, and click on the Unblock button, then Apply, and then OK (you
can also check the Digital Signatures tab to check to see that is signed by
Adobe Systems Incorporated).

To test Flash Player, try http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

As to Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool and WUWebControl Class, go
to:

C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files

Right-click on each and choose delete (Windows XP only)... They will be
reinstalled when you need them.
Or, to install now, go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/val...displaylang=en
and here:
http://update.microsoft.com/

"cjspeicher" <cjspeicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried the fixes that Adobe and Microsoft have posted. I unstalled
> Flash Player, installed subinACL, ran the resetfp_10, reinstalled Flash
> Player and restarted my Windows XP computer. Nothing..still, no Flash
> Player. I am running XP with SP3. I did notice that my WUWebControl
> Class
> is damaged and so is my Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool. Could
> either of these be causing or hinting at my problem?
> --
> Cara

cjspeicher

Re: IE 8 Cannot install Flash Player
dean-dean,

IT WORKED!! THANK, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! That was super easy.

cara
--
Cara

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Is your operating system 32-bit? If so, try this.
>
> Uninstall "Adobe Flash Player Active X" in Control Panel\Add or Remove
> Programs, if it exists.
>
> In the Registry editor, go to (if it exists):
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution
> Units\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}
>
> In the Left-hand pane, right-click on the key (folder) named
> {D27CDB6E-AID-11CF-96B8-444553540000}, and choose Delete.
>
> Then download and run this first, from Adobe:
>
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>
> Then, for Internet Explorer, try the standalone installer. This is the
> latest version (Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87), from Adobe:
>
> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...0_active_x.exe
>
> Before running either of the above .exe files, right-click on them, choose
> Properties, and click on the Unblock button, then Apply, and then OK (you
> can also check the Digital Signatures tab to check to see that is signed by
> Adobe Systems Incorporated).
>
> To test Flash Player, try http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
>
> As to Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool and WUWebControl Class, go
> to:
>
> C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
>
> Right-click on each and choose delete (Windows XP only)... They will be
> reinstalled when you need them.
> Or, to install now, go here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/val...displaylang=en
> and here:
> http://update.microsoft.com/
>
> "cjspeicher" <cjspeicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried the fixes that Adobe and Microsoft have posted. I unstalled
> > Flash Player, installed subinACL, ran the resetfp_10, reinstalled Flash
> > Player and restarted my Windows XP computer. Nothing..still, no Flash
> > Player. I am running XP with SP3. I did notice that my WUWebControl
> > Class
> > is damaged and so is my Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool. Could
> > either of these be causing or hinting at my problem?
> > --
> > Cara

dean-dean

Re: IE 8 Cannot install Flash Player
I'm glad to hear it, Cara. Thanks for posting back...

> dean-dean,
>
> IT WORKED!! THANK, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! That was super easy.
>
> cara
> --
> Cara
>

> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> Is your operating system 32-bit? If so, try this.
>>
>> Uninstall "Adobe Flash Player Active X" in Control Panel\Add or Remove
>> Programs, if it exists.
>>
>> In the Registry editor, go to (if it exists):
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution
>> Units\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}
>>
>> In the Left-hand pane, right-click on the key (folder) named
>> {D27CDB6E-AID-11CF-96B8-444553540000}, and choose Delete.
>>
>> Then download and run this first, from Adobe:
>>
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>>
>> Then, for Internet Explorer, try the standalone installer. This is the
>> latest version (Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87), from Adobe:
>>
>> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...0_active_x.exe
>>
>> Before running either of the above .exe files, right-click on them,
>> choose
>> Properties, and click on the Unblock button, then Apply, and then OK (you
>> can also check the Digital Signatures tab to check to see that is signed
>> by
>> Adobe Systems Incorporated).
>>
>> To test Flash Player, try http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
>>
>> As to Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool and WUWebControl Class,
>> go
>> to:
>>
>> C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
>>
>> Right-click on each and choose delete (Windows XP only)... They will be
>> reinstalled when you need them.
>> Or, to install now, go here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/val...displaylang=en
>> and here:
>> http://update.microsoft.com/
>>
>> "cjspeicher" <cjspeicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have tried the fixes that Adobe and Microsoft have posted. I
>> >unstalled
>> > Flash Player, installed subinACL, ran the resetfp_10, reinstalled Flash
>> > Player and restarted my Windows XP computer. Nothing..still, no Flash
>> > Player. I am running XP with SP3. I did notice that my WUWebControl
>> > Class
>> > is damaged and so is my Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool.
>> > Could
>> > either of these be causing or hinting at my problem?
>> > --
>> > Cara

my4kidzrcool is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE 8 Cannot install Flash Player
Just wanted to say thank you also as this was my solution to my problem, only I had a different damaged key that began with an E which I deleted. I am using Vista and noticed the other user was using XP I think. Anyway, thanks for the help.
Don Varnau

Re: IE 8 Cannot install Flash Player
Original discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...50b579e9048?q=