IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites

mark

IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
Recently my IE7 started to freeze up when I try to access some websites. I
have Vista with SP1. Most recently it happened when I try to visit hotel
website radisson.com. I also happens on zdnet.com.
Mark

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

mark wrote:
> Recently my IE7 started to freeze up when I try to access some websites.
> I have Vista with SP1. Most recently it happened when I try to visit
> hotel website radisson.com. I also happens on zdnet.com.
> Mark

Jack's stuff

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
My system shows, "Microsoft Internet Explorer is operating with
No Addons"

I use Vista Ultimate 64x and IE7..

Internet Explorer freezes up many times and I have to use
Task Manage to close it down and start over. Sometimes it
will repeat and freeze up and sometimes it will function
properly. ????

> Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box
> > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being caused
> by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you how to
> identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> mark wrote:
>> Recently my IE7 started to freeze up when I try to access some websites.
>> I have Vista with SP1. Most recently it happened when I try to visit
>> hotel website radisson.com. I also happens on zdnet.com.
>> Mark

mark

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
I started IE7 in No Add-On mode and it responded the same way when I pointed
to those two sites (zdnet.com and radisson.com). It froze up each time.
I do not have any malware on my system.
Mark

mark

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
Jack:
Can you try those two websites: zdnet.com and radisson.com?
Mark

Jack's stuff

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites

Zdnet.com worked okay but I couldn't access radisson.com

??

"mark" <not_good@yahoo.coom> wrote in message
> Jack:
> Can you try those two websites: zdnet.com and radisson.com?
> Mark

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
Hi,
Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
Flash player download:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

> Recently my IE7 started to freeze up when I try to access some websites. I
> have Vista with SP1. Most recently it happened when I try to visit hotel
> website radisson.com. I also happens on zdnet.com.
> Mark

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
Hi,

Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
Flash player download:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

There is not, currently, a version of Flash Player that's compatible with
64-bit Internet Explorer. Use the 32-bit version of IE.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Jack's stuff" <jrhondeau@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My system shows, "Microsoft Internet Explorer is operating with
> No Addons"
>
> I use Vista Ultimate 64x and IE7..
>
> Internet Explorer freezes up many times and I have to use
> Task Manage to close it down and start over. Sometimes it
> will repeat and freeze up and sometimes it will function
> properly. ????

> > Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
> >
> > If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search

box
> > > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

> > Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> > following target path:
> >
> > "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
> >
> > If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being

caused
> > by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you how to
> > identify which add-on is causing the problem.
> >
> > Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> > software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

> > mark wrote:
> >> Recently my IE7 started to freeze up when I try to access some

websites.
> >> I have Vista with SP1. Most recently it happened when I try to visit
> >> hotel website radisson.com. I also happens on zdnet.com.
> >> Mark

mark

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
Uninstalled Adobe Flash Player by using the link provided by Don. I can
visit zdnet.com now but IE7 still freezes up on raddisson.com. This is
before reinstalling Flash Player.

Mark

mark

Re: IE7 freezes up when I try to access some websites
I uninstalled Flash Player but can’t reinstall it now.
Mark