Favorites disappear when deleting cookies

Bear

Favorites disappear when deleting cookies
Is there a way to keep Favorites when deleting cookies? I have Internet
Explorer 7. Thank you.
H Brown

Re: Favorites disappear when deleting cookies

"Bear" <Bear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to keep Favorites when deleting cookies? I have Internet
> Explorer 7. Thank you.

Hi Bear
May be it would be a good idea for you to give us all a run down on the
method and tools you are using to delete cookies.

Then tell us about what 3rd party software you are using, security wise.

And how you are verifying that your bookmarks/Favorites shortcuts are being
deleted in conjunction with all, some, same and how they compare to cookies
you are deleting.

Has this always been the case or is this something that just started?
If it only recently started what changes have been made to the system from
then and now?

H Brown

Bear

Re: Favorites disappear when deleting cookies
I am curently using McAfee Security Center for virus protection, etc.

To delete cookies, I would use the internet tools section of the explorer
site. I open the section and delete temporary files and history periodically.
When I click the section to delete cookies, all of the addresses in the
Favorites folder are gone. I can still see the description, the internet
address is gone and I can no longer click on the favorite and be taken to the
site.

I am using Internet Explorer 7.

Thank you

> I am curently using McAfee Security Center for virus protection, etc.
>
> To delete cookies, I would use the internet tools section of the explorer
> site. I open the section and delete temporary files and history
> periodically.
> When I click the section to delete cookies, all of the addresses in the
> Favorites folder are gone. I can still see the description, the internet
> address is gone and I can no longer click on the favorite and be taken to
> the
> site.
>
> I am using Internet Explorer 7.
>
> Thank you
>
> "H Brown" wrote:
>

>> "Bear" <Bear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a way to keep Favorites when deleting cookies? I have Internet
>> > Explorer 7. Thank you.

>> Hi Bear
>> May be it would be a good idea for you to give us all a run down on the
>> method and tools you are using to delete cookies.
>>
>> Then tell us about what 3rd party software you are using, security wise.
>>
>> And how you are verifying that your bookmarks/Favorites shortcuts are
>> being
>> deleted in conjunction with all, some, same and how they compare to
>> cookies
>> you are deleting.
>>
>> Has this always been the case or is this something that just started?
>> If it only recently started what changes have been made to the system
>> from
>> then and now?
>>
>> H Brown

Are you saying this is a recent issue, because you state you’ve been doing
this all a long. When did this issue start occurring and how long ago was it
that it was working ok. Let us know what OS, service pack level and edition
of window you are using. In the mean time try a search for *.url extensions
and see what you find.

H Brown

Bear

Re: Favorites disappear when deleting cookies
As far as I remember, this has always been the case in the two years I've had
this computer. I'm using Windows Vista Premium Home Edition, Service Pack 1.
I'll try the *.url extensions and see what I find.

The point is, that's it's just inconvenient to lose the site addresses and I
believe it to be prudent to erase cookies every so often. Perhaps I'm wrong
about the cookie issue and I should just leave well enough alone.

> As far as I remember, this has always been the case in the two years I've
> had
> this computer. I'm using Windows Vista Premium Home Edition, Service Pack
> 1.
> I'll try the *.url extensions and see what I find.
>
> The point is, that's it's just inconvenient to lose the site addresses and
> believe it to be prudent to erase cookies every so often. Perhaps I'm
> wrong
> about the cookie issue and I should just leave well enough alone.
>
> "H Brown" wrote:
>

>> "Bear" <Bear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am curently using McAfee Security Center for virus protection, etc.
>> >
>> > To delete cookies, I would use the internet tools section of the
>> > explorer
>> > site. I open the section and delete temporary files and history
>> > periodically.
>> > When I click the section to delete cookies, all of the addresses in the
>> > Favorites folder are gone. I can still see the description, the
>> > internet
>> > address is gone and I can no longer click on the favorite and be taken
>> > the
>> > site.
>> >
>> > I am using Internet Explorer 7.
>> >
>> > Thank you

>> Are you saying this is a recent issue, because you state you’ve been
>> doing
>> this all a long. When did this issue start occurring and how long ago was
>> it
>> that it was working ok. Let us know what OS, service pack level and
>> edition
>> of window you are using. In the mean time try a search for *.url
>> extensions
>> and see what you find.
>>
>> H Brown

Please explain. You have been saving favorites, and after you delete any
cookies all the icons disappear from your Favorites folder, in other words
the Favorites folder is empty?

H Brown