Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Java not opening in control panel after update

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2009
gary7
 

Posts: n/a
Java not opening in control panel after update
I took a Java version 14 update the other night, it is working fine,
passing all the Pink and Dancing Duke tests.

When I clicked on the java icon in the control panel to look at the
java console today I got this:

"java control panel system cannot find the registry key specified".

"Hkey_Local_Machine\software\javasoft\java run time enviroment
\1.60_13"


Went to the registry and the version 14 key it is there.

Went to WINDOWS\system32\ Javacpl.cpl it still shows version 13 there,
Java.exe Javaaw.exe and Javaaws.exe are all version 14

Under Program Files: java\jre6\bin javacpl.cpl control panel extension
properties it is version 14

I need the java icon in the control panel to look in the registry for
version 14 instead of 13 from the control panel.

I also uininstalled 14 and reloaded it. DL JavaRa to remove all older
versions.

Where do I go to modify the Java icon in the cpl to look for the right
registry key to open the console?




























Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2009
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Java not opening in control panel after update
Javacpl.cpl should be version 6.0.140.8 in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ .

Go to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ and Copy javacpl.cpl (it should be
version 6.0.140.8 also), and Paste it into C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (allow the
replacement when the dialog pops up).

The correct Javacpl.cpl will query SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime
Environment\1.6.0_14.


"gary7" <nxn1@netzero.com> wrote in message
news:836c11de-69d8-4cbd-b154-95b3d3a0eb38@i6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
>I took a Java version 14 update the other night, it is working fine,
> passing all the Pink and Dancing Duke tests.
>
> When I clicked on the java icon in the control panel to look at the
> java console today I got this:
>
> "java control panel system cannot find the registry key specified".
>
> "Hkey_Local_Machine\software\javasoft\java run time enviroment
> \1.60_13"
>
>
> Went to the registry and the version 14 key it is there.
>
> Went to WINDOWS\system32\ Javacpl.cpl it still shows version 13 there,
> Java.exe Javaaw.exe and Javaaws.exe are all version 14
>
> Under Program Files: java\jre6\bin javacpl.cpl control panel extension
> properties it is version 14
>
> I need the java icon in the control panel to look in the registry for
> version 14 instead of 13 from the control panel.
>
> I also uininstalled 14 and reloaded it. DL JavaRa to remove all older
> versions.
>
> Where do I go to modify the Java icon in the cpl to look for the right
> registry key to open the console?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2009
gary7
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Java not opening in control panel after update
On Jun 16, 2:04*am, "dean-dean" <dean-d...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Javacpl.cpl should be version 6.0.140.8 in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ .
>
> Go to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ and Copy javacpl.cpl (it should be
> version 6.0.140.8 also), and Paste it into C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (allow the
> replacement when the dialog pops up).
>
> The correct Javacpl.cpl will query SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime
> Environment\1.6.0_14.
>
> "gary7" <n...@netzero.com> wrote in message
>
> news:836c11de-69d8-4cbd-b154-95b3d3a0eb38@i6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> >I took a Java version 14 update the other night, it is working fine,
> > passing all the Pink and Dancing Duke tests.

>
> > When I clicked on the java icon in the control panel to look at the
> > java console today I got this:

>
> > "java control panel system cannot find the registry key specified".

>
> > "Hkey_Local_Machine\software\javasoft\java run time enviroment
> > \1.60_13"

>
> > Went to the registry and the version 14 key it is there.

>
> > Went to WINDOWS\system32\ Javacpl.cpl it still shows version 13 there,
> > Java.exe Javaaw.exe and Javaaws.exe are all version 14

>
> > Under Program Files: java\jre6\bin javacpl.cpl control panel extension
> > properties it is version 14

>
> > I need the java icon in the control panel to look in the registry for
> > version 14 instead of 13 from the control panel.

>
> > I also uininstalled 14 and reloaded it. DL JavaRa to remove all older
> > versions.

>
> > Where do I go to modify the Java icon in the cpl to look for the right
> > registry key to open the console?- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Thank you dean dean, all is working as it should now.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Control Panel not opening +++++ Tammi I Windows Vista Home Premium 0 02-17-2009 06:49
Vista control panel not opening alt1231 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 11-10-2008 15:22
opening control panel causes explorer crash stackhash_170a DavidTalmage microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 12-09-2007 05:16
Opening control panel Guesswho microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 09-24-2007 16:51
Control panel no longer opening / No access to Security-Updating =?Utf-8?B?R3Vz?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 04-24-2007 10:28




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:03.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120