Problem in IE8 saving files to folders created in IE7

Fred

Problem in IE8 saving files to folders created in IE7
When I save files downloaded in IE8 to folders created in IE7, the window which should show what files are already there is empty
except for any files previously saved in IE8. Is there a fix for this?

Thanx, Fred

Don Varnau

Re: Problem in IE8 saving files to folders created in IE7
Hi,
Message headers suggest Windows XP, right?

If you right-click in the folder (not on a filename) and chose Refresh (or
hit F5) do the other files appear?

What type of files are being saved?

To which folders are the files being saved? e.g.. Documents and
settings\youraccountname\My Documents?
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Fred" <love.fred@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I save files downloaded in IE8 to folders created in IE7, the window

which should show what files are already there is empty
> except for any files previously saved in IE8. Is there a fix for this?
>
> Thanx, Fred

Fred

Re: Problem in IE8 saving files to folders created in IE7
Hi Don,

I'm running XP Pro SP3; I just tried right clicking in the
"save to" window and neither Refresh or F5 do anything.

The files are stories and story chapters in html format,
and are saved to folders in My Documents. They are posted
once a week, and are saved to a folder I create for that week,
or if a new chapter of an existing story, to a folder containing
that story. I move the individual story folders into the folder
for the week the new chapter is posted before saving the
new chapter. Until I installed IE8, when I clicked on a folder
to save a new story or chapter to, I could see a list of every
sub-folder and similar file in that folder. Now the folder
appears to be empty except for files I just saved with IE8 -
stuff I saved last week with IE7 do not show in the "save to"
window.

Note everything is normal if I open My Documents and
navigate to these folders. It is just the "save as" function
that is misbehaving.

Thanks, Fred

Don Varnau wrote:
> Hi,
> Message headers suggest Windows XP, right?
>
> If you right-click in the folder (not on a filename) and chose
> Refresh (or hit F5) do the other files appear?
>
> What type of files are being saved?
>
> To which folders are the files being saved? e.g.. Documents and
> settings\youraccountname\My Documents?
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Fred" <love.fred@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> When I save files downloaded in IE8 to folders created in IE7, the
>> window

> which should show what files are already there is empty
>> except for any files previously saved in IE8. Is there a fix for
>> this?
>>
>> Thanx, Fred

Don Varnau

Re: Problem in IE8 saving files to folders created in IE7
Hi,
Are all files either .htm or .html - not some of each?

> Hi Don,
>
> I'm running XP Pro SP3; I just tried right clicking in the
> "save to" window and neither Refresh or F5 do anything.
>
> The files are stories and story chapters in html format,
> and are saved to folders in My Documents. They are posted
> once a week, and are saved to a folder I create for that week,
> or if a new chapter of an existing story, to a folder containing
> that story. I move the individual story folders into the folder
> for the week the new chapter is posted before saving the
> new chapter. Until I installed IE8, when I clicked on a folder
> to save a new story or chapter to, I could see a list of every
> sub-folder and similar file in that folder. Now the folder
> appears to be empty except for files I just saved with IE8 -
> stuff I saved last week with IE7 do not show in the "save to"
> window.
>
> Note everything is normal if I open My Documents and
> navigate to these folders. It is just the "save as" function
> that is misbehaving.
>
> Thanks, Fred

> Don Varnau wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Message headers suggest Windows XP, right?
> >
> > If you right-click in the folder (not on a filename) and chose
> > Refresh (or hit F5) do the other files appear?
> >
> > What type of files are being saved?
> >
> > To which folders are the files being saved? e.g.. Documents and
> > settings\youraccountname\My Documents?

> > "Fred" <love.fred@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> When I save files downloaded in IE8 to folders created in IE7, the
> >> window

> > which should show what files are already there is empty
> >> except for any files previously saved in IE8. Is there a fix for
> >> this?
> >>
> >> Thanx, Fred

Fred

Re: Problem in IE8 saving files to folders created in IE7
All, or at least very near all .html. That's the way the posting site
automatically formats them.

Fred