IE8 has stopped working

Dudi

IE8 has stopped working
Hello,

I use Vista Home + IE8.

I have noticed recently that when I'm trying to get onto many sites, IE8
returns with a warning message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working
message" (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly....).
I scanned the HD for Malwares and other disasters but nothing was found.

Any ideas?
Dudi

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 has stopped working
Hi,
Got some URLs you could post? That information is often helpful.
- - -
Do the sites all use Adobe Flash? (Just guessing.)
Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
Flash player download:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
- - -
You may have a troublesome browser add-on installed.
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
- - -
With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
data:
IE PassView- NirSoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
- - -
More: 936215- How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows
Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215/en-us
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Dudi" <ardudi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I use Vista Home + IE8.
>
> I have noticed recently that when I'm trying to get onto many sites, IE8
> returns with a warning message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working
> message" (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly....).
> I scanned the HD for Malwares and other disasters but nothing was found.
>
> Any ideas?
> Dudi

VanguardLH

Re: IE8 has stopped working
Dudi wrote:

> I use Vista Home + IE8.
>
> I have noticed recently that when I'm trying to get onto many sites, IE8
> returns with a warning message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working
> message" (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly....).
> I scanned the HD for Malwares and other disasters but nothing was found.

Try it again but first load IE8 in its no add-ons mode.
Dudi

Re: IE8 has stopped working
I have already tried this way but didn't work for me.

> Dudi wrote:
>
>> I use Vista Home + IE8.
>>
>> I have noticed recently that when I'm trying to get onto many sites, IE8
>> returns with a warning message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working
>> message" (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly....).
>> I scanned the HD for Malwares and other disasters but nothing was found.

> Try it again but first load IE8 in its no add-ons mode.

Dudi

Re: IE8 has stopped working
For example, www.nokia.com . IE8 replies with this message: "Internet
Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the
website continues to have a problem.".

Dudi
> Hi,
> Got some URLs you could post? That information is often helpful.
> - - -
> Do the sites all use Adobe Flash? (Just guessing.)
> Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
> Flash player download:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
> - - -
> You may have a troublesome browser add-on installed.
> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on
> installed.
>
> For troubleshooting information see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
>
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an
> add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
> - - -
> With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons,
> work
> through this article:
> 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>
> Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
> data:
> IE PassView- NirSoft:
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
>
> What a reset of IE settings will do:
> Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
> - - -
> More: 936215- How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows
> Vista:
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Dudi" <ardudi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use Vista Home + IE8.
>>
>> I have noticed recently that when I'm trying to get onto many sites, IE8
>> returns with a warning message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working
>> message" (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly....).
>> I scanned the HD for Malwares and other disasters but nothing was found.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Dudi

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 has stopped working
Hi,
I don't see anything at nokia.com which should cause problems for IE8.

1. Try a reset of IE settings.

With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
data:
IE PassView- NirSoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx

2. you might see if a third-party program is causing the problem.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

> For example, www.nokia.com . IE8 replies with this message: "Internet
> Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the
> website continues to have a problem.".
>
> Dudi

> > Hi,
> > Got some URLs you could post? That information is often helpful.
> > - - -
> > Do the sites all use Adobe Flash? (Just guessing.)
> > Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
> > http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
> > Flash player download:
> > http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
> > - - -
> > You may have a troublesome browser add-on installed.
> > Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> > Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> > or
> > Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> > If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on
> > installed.
> >
> > For troubleshooting information see:
> > IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> >
> > 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an
> > add-on
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> >
> > Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked

questions:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
> > - - -
> > With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> > passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons,
> > work
> > through this article:
> > 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> >
> > Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
> > data:
> > IE PassView- NirSoft:
> > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
> >
> > What a reset of IE settings will do:
> > Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
> > - - -
> > More: 936215- How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows
> > Vista:

> > "Dudi" <ardudi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I use Vista Home + IE8.
> >>
> >> I have noticed recently that when I'm trying to get onto many sites,

IE8
> >> returns with a warning message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working
> >> message" (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly....).
> >> I scanned the HD for Malwares and other disasters but nothing was

found.

> >> Any ideas?
> >> Dudi

Donald Anadell

Re: IE8 has stopped working

"Dudi" <ardudi@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> For example, www.nokia.com .

Is it nokia.com that is causing the problem, or is it nokiausa.com that is
causing the problem?

If it's nokiausa.com that's causing the problem(Flash content on this site),
then see Don's replay about uninstalling and reinstalling the Flash Player.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

IE8 replies with this message: "Internet
> Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the
> website continues to have a problem.".
>
> Dudi
>> Hi,
>> Got some URLs you could post? That information is often helpful.
>> - - -
>> Do the sites all use Adobe Flash? (Just guessing.)
>> Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
>> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
>> Flash player download:
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
>> - - -
>> You may have a troublesome browser add-on installed.
>> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
>> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
>> or
>> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
>> If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on
>> installed.
>>
>> For troubleshooting information see:
>> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
>>
>> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an
>> add-on
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>>
>> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
>> - - -
>> With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
>> passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons,
>> work
>> through this article:
>> 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>>
>> Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
>> data:
>> IE PassView- NirSoft:
>> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
>>
>> What a reset of IE settings will do:
>> Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
>> - - -
>> More: 936215- How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows
>> Vista:
>> -
>> Hope this helps,
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>

>> "Dudi" <ardudi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I use Vista Home + IE8.
>>>
>>> I have noticed recently that when I'm trying to get onto many sites, IE8
>>> returns with a warning message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working
>>> message" (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly....).
>>> I scanned the HD for Malwares and other disasters but nothing was found.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>> Dudi

VanguardLH

Re: IE8 has stopped working
Dudi wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>
>> Dudi wrote:
>>
>>> I use Vista Home + IE8.
>>>
>>> I have noticed recently that when I'm trying to get onto many sites, IE8
>>> returns with a warning message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working
>>> message" (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly....).
>>> I scanned the HD for Malwares and other disasters but nothing was found.

>> Try it again but first load IE8 in its no add-ons mode.

> I have already tried this way but didn't work for me.

First try the suggestions in the replies from the Dons. If those don't
help, try rebooting Windows into its safe mode (with networking) and
retest.
Dudi

Re: IE8 has stopped working
Thanks Don,

Let me summarize what I have done so far:
1. Reset IE settings - didn't work for me Included all of the listed options
in the link below).
2. Safe Mode- didn't work for me. Exactly the same problem appears with it
(when surfing into www.nokia.com for example)

Bottom line, I am still encountering the same problem with certain sites.

Dudi

> [...]

>> > - - -
>> > With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
>> > passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons,
>> > work
>> > through this article:
>> > 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us
>> >
>> > Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored
>> > login
>> > data:
>> > IE PassView- NirSoft:
>> > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
>> >
>> > What a reset of IE settings will do:
>> > Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
>> >

> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
>> > - - -
>> > More: 936215- How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows

Dudi

Re: IE8 has stopped working
So far safe mode did not resolve the problem. Please note that certain sites
work perfectly (www.msn.com).